Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Helllo everyone. I am an old motocross rider and got into the R series in 2011 with an R6. Lived in the hood and that got stolen and bought a 2012. I just bought my friends R3 for $2000(he was asking 3600). He told me it had a dead battery so I threw my scooter battery in it to test ride. It went fine. Now I'm getting no power to the dash or anything. Please help as I need to move from Gainesville to Palm Coast in the next 5 days.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what's the exact spec on the battery? I went to walmart thinking that they would have some kind of system where they would just look up make, year, model, etc. but ended up just having to eyeball it. Maybe the first guy was right

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks man. Can you elaborate when you have time? Dude I raced back in the 90's so I don't know much about these bikes. I rode it with my scooter battery and it's surprisingly fast.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
i did but with an everlast walmart battery. Could that be it or did i fry something? I literally just got out of an 8 day hospital quarantine (norovirus) and needed to get out and ride.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Okay but if it was the alternator wouldn't I still be getting power to the dash? The battery is completely fine, I checked it, but I must have messed something up as I was trying to pack all my stuff, buy a bike, and move all at the same time. The guy I bought it from is a good friend, a pastor, and someone I trust. I've also ridden it when I jumped it off the oversized scooter battery. I'm a motocross racer by nature but I did own a 2011 and 2012 R6 but they were brand new so I never had to deal with anything like this. This thing is freaking wires going everywhere under the seat that aren't even plugged into anything.
I apologize for my ignorance but I'm dealing with a lot right now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts