Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

New owner here with the R3 as my first street motorcycle. I have rode plenty of bikes in the past borrowing friends or dirt bikes of my own. I choose the R3 as at the same time my wife was getting her new bike as well. She picked up her dream bike, a Ninja 300 and I took the R3.

So far I adore the bike! Its not the 600's of friends I had borrowed in the past but this is good for me from a speed sense. My wife and I have been having such good fun getting back into motorcycles again and look forward to getting lots of ride time in!

·
Registered
517 Posts
Welcome, I live near Guadalajara, Jalisco, but keep a small house in Kyle for when I visit Central Texas. If you are in the neighborhood, give me a shout. I will be there in April for a few weeks.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Welcome to the club! Check out TXSR and Austin Sportbike Outlaws if you're into the social aspect of riding. And get out to a few track days with Ridesmart! Half off your first time out and free leather and boot rentals the first time as well!

·
Registered
330 Posts
If you're here this weekend and want to be around a lot of bikes there's a trackday at COTA on Saturday and Sunday.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Welcome to the club! Check out TXSR and Austin Sportbike Outlaws if you're into the social aspect of riding. And get out to a few track days with Ridesmart! Half off your first time out and free leather and boot rentals the first time as well!
ive done bout 8 trackdays on different bikes from 600s to 1000s and i took my gf r3 to msrh with ridesmart few weeks back and it was the most fun ive had at the track so far.. Most educational as well, u learn so much driving these things at the track.. its addicting

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome, I'm new to the R3 as well. I have a 99 R6 that I have done a dozen track days on but I wanted something a little tamer around the track. The old saying about better to ride a slow bike fast then a fast bike slow is true at 60yrs. Reaction time is a little slower than it use to be LOL.

Ya'll have fun with you new rides.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts