Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, new owner checking in here. I'm 34 years old and from Long Island, NY. This is my first bike and I'm a totally new rider. I've always wanted to learn to ride and finally decided to take the plunge with the help of a good friend and is an avid rider.

After some searching I was able to find a 2015 R3 with the fender eliminator, rear seat eliminator and M4 SS exhaust already installed. I got an insane deal on this bike and got it for $2900. It has 2700 miles and has never been down, it looks like new. Picked it up last night with the help of the help of my friend and went out today for my first riding lesson in a parking lot. Lots to learn, but really looking forward to the process and being active on these forums.

Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
+1 on the MSF course. For every 20 things you already know you will pick up one thing you don't know, and that knowledge will add to your enjoyment of the bike immensely.

Welcome!

·
Registered
732 Posts
Hey guys, new owner checking in here. I'm 34 years old and from Long Island, NY. This is my first bike and I'm a totally new rider. I've always wanted to learn to ride and finally decided to take the plunge with the help of a good friend and is an avid rider.

After some searching I was able to find a 2015 R3 with the fender eliminator, rear seat eliminator and M4 SS exhaust already installed. I got an insane deal on this bike and got it for $2900. It has 2700 miles and has never been down, it looks like new. Picked it up last night with the help of the help of my friend and went out today for my first riding lesson in a parking lot. Lots to learn, but really looking forward to the process and being active on these forums.

Cheers.
Awesome, a fellow Long Islander! I am from Manhasset but live in Brooklyn currently. Hopefully you'll be interested in joining our riding group. I have joined the NJ Riding Group as they started one, have more numbers currently, and do rides upstate. Planning on doing one soon.

Here is the NJ Meetup Thread-there's also a FB Group for it just recently set up (Link's in the thread).

Also, Capn Kirk set up a Google Map to show rider's locations. HEre's the link.

Hope you'll join and come ride! Hope to set one up in 2-3 weeks for a Sat or Sun full day ride. There is a ton of info here on the forums and lots of experienced riders. I've been riding for a while. One warning-definitely search for a topic before you start a new thread or you'll be flamed, tarred and feathered, and flogged possibly, or don't.:)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Good deal... Welcome.

I highly recommend taking an MSF course. It'll provide you with much more than you can pick up in a parking lot.
Enjoy and ride safe!

Thank you. I am signed up for the MSF the weekend of September 10th. Not doing any riding on the street until after that at the earliest. I know my limitations and want to do things the right way. I wasn't actually planning on buying a bike until after the class, but this deal was too good to pass up.

+1 on the MSF course. For every 20 things you already know you will pick up one thing you don't know, and that knowledge will add to your enjoyment of the bike immensely.

Welcome!

My friend highly recommends as well, I'm signed up for the 10th.

Welcome! Enjoy the new ride and stay safe

Thank you very much.

Awesome, a fellow Long Islander! I am from Manhasset but live in Brooklyn currently. Hopefully you'll be interested in joining our riding group. I have joined the NJ Riding Group as they started one, have more numbers currently, and do rides upstate. Planning on doing one soon.

Here is the NJ Meetup Thread-there's also a FB Group for it just recently set up (Link's in the thread).

Also, Capn Kirk set up a Google Map to show rider's locations. HEre's the link.

Hope you'll join and come ride! Hope to set one up in 2-3 weeks for a Sat or Sun full day ride. There is a ton of info here on the forums and lots of experienced riders. I've been riding for a while. One warning-definitely search for a topic before you start a new thread or you'll be flamed, tarred and feathered, and flogged possibly, or don't.:)
Thanks for the welcome, I will definitely come out and ride once I'm up to speed and comfortable. Thanks for the tip on searching first, this isn't my first unruly forum, lol.

·
Registered
304 Posts
good looking bike, nice mods already done, and great price. Enjoy the MSF classes (most of the bikes they have are 250cc, but you might luck out and find a few CBR and Ninja 300cc bikes too).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts