Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello from W GA. Just picked up a great deal on a 2016. I'm like most, have been riding for a long time and have had many bikes over the years. I just turned 60 and the '99 R6 I have was a little to much for me on the track, I'll play with it though from time to time. I've been doing track days since 2013 and wanted something a little more calm on the track. I've got some goodies ordered so we will be getting her ready for some fun track time.

Great forum and I look forward for some good tips and advice.

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Congrats on the new purchase! Welcome to the forum! Checkout the FAQ (link in my signature) section for some good info.

I'm from Georgia too but I'm in Atlanta... I do ride up North at different locations.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks tintin, I'm actually just about an hour west of Atlanta out I-20 then north about 20 min. Really looking forward to seeing what she can do on the track. I demo a r3 at Little Tally last summer and really enjoy the fun of it.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Welcome! I live up in Kingsport, TN, but come down every now and again to visit my buddy in Lawrenceville, GA or for track days with same friend over at Road ATL. We should all try to go one weekend. I've had an R1, RC51, and ZX6R out on the track thus far, but wanted a smaller bike to work on my technical riding. I have a feeling I'll be crying on the back straight with the R3, but we'll see:D

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Welcome! I live up in Kingsport, TN, but come down every now and again to visit my buddy in Lawrenceville, GA or for track days with same friend over at Road ATL. We should all try to go one weekend. I've had an R1, RC51, and ZX6R out on the track thus far, but wanted a smaller bike to work on my technical riding. I have a feeling I'll be crying on the back straight with the R3, but we'll see:D

Sounds like a plan to me!

I'm up for an R3 ride... once I get my bike back after my 12k service and now it's been waiting on parts after the two latest recalls :-/

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just sold my house in Senoia. Now I'm staying in my RV in Jackson. Gonna be in eastern Oregon for a couple years, then buy a house in Sharpsburg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sounds like a plan to me!

I'm up for an R3 ride... once I get my bike back after my 12k service and now it's been waiting on parts after the two latest recalls :-/
I get my bike on Saturday. That same buddy is bringing it up from GA. Then the work begins. I just shipped out my 848 EVO motor today to its buyer, time to sell a few more goodies and I'll have some cash to build her out >:D

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Sounds good to me, I've done a dozen track days between the Kaw Versys and the R6. The Versys was a blast to ride on the track, but she has a new home now. I'm doing Barbar April the 15th on the R3 and then little Tally in May. Would be nice to have you guys join me for a little R3 get together.

I know what you mean about the back straight at RA on the R3. :)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Hello from W GA. Just picked up a great deal on a 2016. I'm like most, have been riding for a long time and have had many bikes over the years. I just turned 60 and the '99 R6 I have was a little to much for me on the track, I'll play with it though from time to time. I've been doing track days since 2013 and wanted something a little more calm on the track. I've got some goodies ordered so we will be getting her ready for some fun track time.

Great forum and I look forward for some good tips and advice.
Congrats on the purchase, I've had my Raven R3 since July 2015. I am in Duluth, Gwinnett area.

Attachments

·
Registered
148 Posts
Sounds good to me, I've done a dozen track days between the Kaw Versys and the R6. The Versys was a blast to ride on the track, but she has a new home now. I'm doing Barbar April the 15th on the R3 and then little Tally in May. Would be nice to have you guys join me for a little R3 get together.

I know what you mean about the back straight at RA on the R3. :)
I finally committed to 2 track day over the weekend at Road Atlanta for the Moto America races. Signed up with P.R.E. for June 17 @ VIR South and July 15 @ Road Atlanta. I may sign up for NCM on June 24 with Midwest, but need to think about it. VIR will be my first real experience with this bike since testing it up and down the street before the tear down. Getting excited now!

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
I finally committed to 2 track day over the weekend at Road Atlanta for the Moto America races. Signed up with P.R.E. for June 17 @ VIR South and July 15 @ Road Atlanta. I may sign up for NCM on June 24 with Midwest, but need to think about it. VIR will be my first real experience with this bike since testing it up and down the street before the tear down. Getting excited now!
Sounds good, I'm riding Little Tally this Sunday with STT and then will more than likely ride NCM on May the 27th or 28th with STT. I had a great time at Barbar April 15th.

My son and I were at the MotoAmerica races on Sat, great weather and racing.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Sounds good, I'm riding Little Tally this Sunday with STT and then will more than likely ride NCM on May the 27th or 28th with STT. I had a great time at Barbar April 15th.

Ride NCM if you get the chance! It is an amazing track. We had planned on being there Memorial Day weekend but have a daughter graduating so will not be able to make it. I am hoping to ride Little Tally on the 14th. I can't wait to ride the R3 on that track.

·
Registered
148 Posts
mspgirl said:
Ride NCM if you get the chance! It is an amazing track. We had planned on being there Memorial Day weekend but have a daughter graduating so will not be able to make it. I am hoping to ride Little Tally on the 14th. I can't wait to ride the R3 on that track.
I'm definitely going to try and get it in my rotation this season. Had fun last year there on the ZX6R.

·
Registered
149 Posts

I'm riding the NCM track in September with STT.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
204 Posts
Congrats on the purchase, I've had my Raven R3 since July 2015. I am in Duluth, Gwinnett area.
Hey what's up Im around the Duluth area if you want to ride sometime, Im trying to get a group around the Duluth, Lawrenceville, Snellville, Suwanee areas to get together and ride out or do something.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Hey what's up Im around the Duluth area if you want to ride sometime, Im trying to get a group around the Duluth, Lawrenceville, Snellville, Suwanee areas to get together and ride out or do something.
I do very little street riding anymore mostly track now, but if I get out I'll let you know. Thanks for the invite.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I sometimes go to that BP meet on Thursday's.

·
Registered
204 Posts
I'll be going to the bp meets in like 1 month hope to see some r3 s there.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts