Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

So, I just took in my bike to the DMV for registration/ a VIN check and the bike failed inspection due to some aftermarket parts that I have installed. In particular, they took issue with my fender eliminator kit and integrated brake light/turn signals. What would you guys recommend that I do - I do not have the stock parts and it seems like my only option is going to be to swap in stock parts, get the bike inspected, only to swap the already installed parts back in. Does anyone have a stock rear fender / signals lying around? If not, where could I get some ? Is there anything else that I will need ? Any advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks - mind pointing me in the right direction (as far as this forum) ? I'm still new at navigating and am not seeing a parts/for sale section.

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
You buy a used bike from out of state? What state you live in?

·
Registered
25 Posts
My R3 failed inspection this morning for the same reason in Massachusetts. Had to reinstall the stock rear lights and bring it back.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm located in Delaware and the inspection is rather strict here. I need separate rear-signals to pass. The bike was previously registered in PA.

·
Registered
81 Posts
My R3 failed inspection this morning for the same reason in Massachusetts. Had to reinstall the stock rear lights and bring it back.
In MA as well!. However, the guy gave me a break and didn't fail me (didn't pass me either). He just cancelled the inspection. I'll be putting the stock ones back on to go back.

·
Registered
43 Posts
If i were you id try another garage. Some guys will fail you for the integrated tail light, it is illegal to change the tail lights in PA but alot of ppl will pass it cuz it meets the requirements of brake and turn lights. Id just try another place to save you money and hassle

·
Registered
350 Posts
PA only cares for a plate light and people get away with out that.
Seriously, I just got mine inspected in PA and got no flack from all the crap I've taken off.
Try someone else. Non motorcycle dealer?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts