Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New r3 but not new to riding first bike was a 2001 zx6r(sold) I'm a 1 month owner of a raven edition yamaha yzf r3 just seeing if any fellow r3 owners live near me to take a ride some time

·
Registered
42 Posts
Dude I just saw you on MotoHouston and I saw your profile pic and I was like **** yeah r3's in houston! I came here and saw you here now! I also have a raven r3 I'm in Sugar Land but don't really have too much time to ride cause school. I'll probably be able to go out more often around January or Feb so we might be able to meet up then. If you're looking for other people to ride with I heard there's a group that meets up at La Madeleine in Sugar Land and then go out to Crabb River on Sundays, haven't seen them yet though.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Definitely miss the power of my zx but the r3 is a fun little bike but honestly I've owned in for about a month now and I'm bored of it and I get blown around on the freeway to much for my likings

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dude I just saw you on MotoHouston and I saw your profile pic and I was like **** yeah r3's in houston! I came here and saw you here now! I also have a raven r3 I'm in Sugar Land but don't really have too much time to ride cause school. I'll probably be able to go out more often around January or Feb so we might be able to meet up then. If you're looking for other people to ride with I heard there's a group that meets up at La Madeleine in Sugar Land and then go out to Crabb River on Sundays, haven't seen them yet though.
Yeah man I'm actually right down the road from you in rosenberg area we should meet up sometime and if you could find out more details about the people that meet up that would be awesome

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome! I also had a zx6r, among other bikes, before this one. How are you liking it compared to the 636?
Definitely miss the power of my zx but the r3 is a fun little bike but honestly I've owned in for about a month now and I'm bored of it and I get blown around on the freeway to much for my likings

·
Registered
57 Posts
Could you explain why you went with the r3 in the first place and whether you will be going back soon to the 600 super sport bikes soon?

General Question for all: Also, I realize bikes get blown around on the highway, each to a different extent, but at what level above a 300cc class does it get noticeably tolerable on the highway?

·
Registered
433 Posts
welcome!

Already bored of the r3 you say??? Must not be very many tracks out in the houston area :p

·
Registered
330 Posts
There's multiple track options in the general area, and I wouldn't recommend COTA as a first time rider. MSR is very local and if it's your first time it's half off at $75 to go out with Ridesmart.

·
Registered
42 Posts
There's multiple track options in the general area, and I wouldn't recommend COTA as a first time rider. MSR is very local and if it's your first time it's half off at $75 to go out with Ridesmart.
I agree with Homyality MSR is local and it's a nice track. I've seen a lot of r3's and rc390s over there

·
Registered
141 Posts
This Thursday night at Cycle Gear 45 North there is a meetup: All Houston R3 Riders should come!

Thursday, March 3, 2016
6:30 PM to 10:00 PM

Cycle Gear North Freeway
10998 North Fwy, Houston, TX

Cycle gear will have free food, drinks, and drawings.

Afterwards we will ride to Bombshells in Spring and eat dinner.

-Bombshells Spring- 21005 I45 North Spring, TX 77388

·
Registered
38 Posts
New r3 but not new to riding first bike was a 2001 zx6r(sold) I'm a 1 month owner of a raven edition yamaha yzf r3 just seeing if any fellow r3 owners live near me to take a ride some time
Hey man Im in fresno/ missouri city area. I know sugar land area pretty well, want to link up soon. I will tell the other r3 owners as well. Maybe we can get a group together or something

·
Registered
38 Posts

You say sugar land area. Im in fresno area about 15 min from sugar land if i take university. Wanna link up sometime ???

1 - 17 of 17 Posts