Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, First of I am one of the few UK owners on here, as a lot of you are from USA!
Recently came back from NC not too long back, it was awesome! But save that for another time.

First off Picked up my R3 a few days ago and I've already hit 600 Miles so its getting it's first service soon.

But, the biggest question on my mind is, should I modify it? Knowing its only 321cc, I'm never going to get the power of a 600cc bike, however, I'm possibly keeping this bike for 2 years, and money will be floating about time to time.

Read loads of posts about exhaust slip on's vs full race system, and tuning, there's going to be more parts coming out soon, but are the gains enough to make me go, WOW, I'll leave the 600 for a while.

I did go for a spin with a few friends who own bigger bikes. I kept up with them on corners and bendy roads, but never on straights but hey, what can i expect. Otherwise It's a great bike! Just wondering on what your views are for modifying or not?

My other toy, is my Subaru Impreza ;)
Cheers guys!

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
I just did front flush turn signals do far and it looks much nicer. Cheap and super easy.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Congrats on your new R3! Your new bike is a toy for you to enjoy. Do what you will with it. Mod to your hearts content if that's what you wish. My only advice is to keep it reliable and safe to ride.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What's the price you paid for the indicators?
Mainly want more performance though, does anyone know if there is a restrictor within the bike?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I think total was around $40. This included a set of signals, two plug-n-play harnesses, and the thing that fixes hyperflash that happens from installing third party led lights.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Sweet Ride, I also have an impreza (08 tho).

Honestly there isn't much you can do to really increase the performance of the bike... with full system, new filter and full tune you might see an increase of maybe 4 hp... The rest of performance mods would be to drop the weight and improve the suspension. The gains might be enough to notice but will never put you in the same league as a 600cc SS.

Personally, since my bike is getting used for commuting, riding around and having fun theres no point in putting so much money for so little money. Will keep it to the smaller estetic stuff, Slip-on for looks and sound, fender eliminator, flush mount turn signals, adjustable levers and a couple of other mods.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cheers ravaloft! I'll have a little look!
Sdriv3r, thats exactly what I was thinking! Looks like I'll have to grit my teeth for a year, and just buy a 600 without a restrictor kit, and take the chance.
Nice I like the 08 version! But spent a small fortune on my scooby!

·
Registered
665 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

As always i'd recommend getting a fender elimiator, always a top priority on my list.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts