Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I made the leap. After having my 03' R6 stolen a couple years ago I got the itch enough to go out and get another bike. I wanted one bike that could do it all. From multi-day road trips to track riding. Even though I loved my R6, it was too uncomfortable on my wrists to be any good past a couple hour ride.

I always buy used but with so many good bikes coming out the last couple years I wanted to look new. The R3 drew me in with it's comfy seating position and sportbike looks. A dealer near my house had a old stock 2015 model that I could get for $4,200 plus sales tax. So I impulsively pick it up!

I'm only 75 miles deep so far so I'm still breaking it in. I've already noticed I need to get stronger front brakes, so I have stainless lines and EBC pads on the way. The suspension is soft and non adjustable... so I'm thinking I may try some thicker viscosity fork oil and upping the preload on the shock a bit. The throttle throw is SO LONG also so I'll have to figure something out there too.

Those are my thoughts so far! I'll keep this post updated as I go.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome!

Just FYI the brakes can be made better by a proper bed in. I still modded mine though.

Agree the suspension up front sucks.

There are a few quail action throttles but most cost over $150, even more when you factor in the kill switch. I went with an R6 throttle tube. $20-25.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts