Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys! I'm proud to be the new owner of a 15 Yamaha R3 Raven model. I bought it June 18th and have put a bit over 100 miles on it since. I absolutely love it!

A bit of my past; I started out on a 2012 CBR250 and then moved up to a 2011 Ducati Monster 1100. I then bought a 13 Kawasaki Z1000 and shortly after got a 2014 Yamaha R1. Now I have the R3 to mess around on and of all the bikes I have owned, the fun I have on this was only ever bested by the R1 on the track.

I already have a full Yoshi system on the way. After that I'm waiting for a lot of the stuff TST has listed for this bike. The halo flush turn signals, integrated tail light, fender eliminator kit. Then Driven gas cap, and I'll be looking around for bodywork after that. Carbon fiber stuff, frame sliders, things like that.

I'll probably keep you guys updated. I never had a tendency to post things in forums unless I had questions but the guys on the R1 forums were so fricken awesome that I posted quite a bit there. I'm hoping I can make friends here too. I'm glad to be part of the group and would love to run across some of you guys on the road! I'll add better photos tomorrow. It's a little dark out to take some good ones.

Attachments

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome, Rider. We're currently under attack by a Spam terrorist, so you'll have to pardon some of the threads.
Just to be fair, I posted in the "unrelated R3 question" thread before you posted your intro here. Din't want you to think I'm being an A-hole to you. :) Congrats on your Raven!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Welcome. Good to see a human post. ;)

Congratulations on the new ride.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What year did you win the lotto OP? Just kidding, a lot of nice bikes you had.
Haha! Thanks for the compliment! My method is really simple. I actually work as a machinist so I make some decent money. Instead of spending a lot of money on a place to live I actually just live in a small cheap house and spend all my money on bikes.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys! Don't mean to bump an old thread, but having ridden in the valley on the R3 for the past year do you have any tips on places to go? or avoid?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts