Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Just purchased a brand new R3 in Yamaha blue last week. I love it so far! The bike is serenely telepathic. Look where you want to turn. It's amazing how much the work the bike does for you when using fundamentals.

My first street/track bike was a 2004 Husqvarna SMR450, and wow...what a blast. That's the first bike that encouraged the lightweight/small displacement addiction to set in. Ever since then, I was scouring the forums and listings for bikes like the RS125/Rs250, RGV's, NSR's, etc...

Since then, I've owned a 2004 Suzuki GSX-R 600 (recently sold) and I still own a track/race 2005 Kawi ZX-6R, no expense spared.

I've had a blast tracking the bigger bikes, but lets face it...I've only had 2 years track experience. I've noticed many pitfalls in my techniques, and although I've been able to click off some decent times at Road ATL and Taledega GP, I feel the only way to hone my race-craft is to back-track, and have some fun on the lightweights.

I can't wait to see what this bike will do for me, and what I can do for it. Look forward to chatting with you all!

·
Registered
406 Posts
Welcome from England congrats on getting Fast Blue.

Reactions: R3Fan

·
Registered
12 Posts
Welcome to the forums.
I am blown away by how many experienced riders, track day/racers have chosen smaller bikes like the R-3. I figured I would be the only "old man' on the forum. I sold my 600cc race bike a 2 years ago, and swapped my CBR600 for an R-3 a few weeks ago. Small CC is just flat out fun to ride :)

·
Registered
2017 Yamaha R3
5 Posts
Welcome to the forums.
I am blown away by how many experienced riders, track day/racers have chosen smaller bikes like the R-3. I figured I would be the only "old man' on the forum. I sold my 600cc race bike a 2 years ago, and swapped my CBR600 for an R-3 a few weeks ago. Small CC is just flat out fun to ride :)

Welcome to the forums.
Hey Jupiter...my recent purchase of my 2017 R3 is my first street bike at 56 yrs young! 56 is the New 36 on an R3!!! And I thought 45 years of dirt biking was fun. But I know I'm much younger than my D.L. says because every day my wife still tells me to grow-up! LMAO. Enjoy

·
Registered
223 Posts
Takes a lot to admit ones shortcomings. Props to you.
I started riding track after 35 years and 300,000 miles on the street. I quickly realized I didn't really know what I was doing. Track riding the last 8 years has helped me a ton, but I still have a lot to improve on.

Welcome.

Gah!!! Just realized some no0b bumped up an old thread. 🤣

Reactions: Maxpressure520
1 - 10 of 10 Posts