Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

I got my bike last week Thursday. I was supposed to have an akropovic gp slip on fitted on delivery, but the communication from supplier was messed up and i ended up waiting 4 weeks with nothing so cancelled order.

As i read on many forums bike is too quiet, i can definitely say that's the case, but i guess at least it wont irritate me. I'm really hankering for a deep bellow that can get high pitched.

Running in the bike is not fun, i am keeping it under 7000rpm as the manual says. I prefer to just keep it simple and follow the manual.

I cant wait for the first oil change, trying my best to put on as much mileage as i can. I'm a beginner biker, but getting used to this bike very quickly. I am hoping once i get to 10k rpm i will feel like it is fast enough for me.>:D

It is nice and light and has a good riding position. I started also lubing the chain as i live not far from the ocean. I am using bel ray superclean, seems to do the job. I also using Q20 or WD40 for the metal areas after i washed bike to keep it completely dry and protect against corrosion.

Well i am looking for people in Cape Town i can ride with. Would be nice to get hold of some people who are into this bike and similar.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Hi guys

I got my bike last week Thursday. I was supposed to have an akropovic gp slip on fitted on delivery, but the communication from supplier was messed up and i ended up waiting 4 weeks with nothing so cancelled order.

As i read on many forums bike is too quiet, i can definitely say that's the case, but i guess at least it wont irritate me. I'm really hankering for a deep bellow that can get high pitched.

Running in the bike is not fun, i am keeping it under 7000rpm as the manual says. I prefer to just keep it simple and follow the manual.

I cant wait for the first oil change, trying my best to put on as much mileage as i can. I'm a beginner biker, but getting used to this bike very quickly. I am hoping once i get to 10k rpm i will feel like it is fast enough for me.>:D

It is nice and light and has a good riding position. I started also lubing the chain as i live not far from the ocean. I am using bel ray superclean, seems to do the job. I also using Q20 or WD40 for the metal areas after i washed bike to keep it completely dry and protect against corrosion.

Well i am looking for people in Cape Town i can ride with. Would be nice to get hold of some people who are into this bike and similar.

Lekker, man! Welcome to the Forum.

The Coast Road is just out there, waiting for you!

Cheers!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts