Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Thanks for the heads up ... placed my Chassis/Frame # in, the result was: 'Your Vehicle is NOT under affected range. Hence it is not included in this service campaign. Thanks for your time and Happy Riding!!' Now my bike was bought here in The States, so I don't know IF the info provided is valid since the recall information was up on India's Yamaha page.

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
These things don't bother me too much. They find a problem and fix it proactively... I'm okay with that. :)

We've seen a few threads pop up lately with a few guys having problems with the bike shutting off. This looks like it'll correct that problem. I'm all through this forum and compared to other models, the R3 still remains a pretty rock solid bike. Not a lot to complain about and when we do find something, Yamaha is all over it.

Mine is not getting fixed anytime soon. It'll be a few months before the weather improves enough so I can get the bike out to the shop or repair.

On a side note... what's the over/under on how many recall threads we'll see created over the next few months :D

·
Registered
139 Posts
Maybe this is a good excuse to order some lower clip-ons and have Yam put them on while swapping out the kill switch. I mean... if I needed an excuse

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
I'm not too worried about this recall. My bike never gets wet.
Not sure about the vibrations causing a crack in the fuel tank. My R3 is pretty smooth.
I would like to know how many have developed a crack, and I want to see pics of the cracks.
I also want to know the mileage of the one's that developed a crack. Is this happening
to higher-mileage R3's?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Please note that the India Yamaha link to check chassis number will only work for Indian customers, I just shown that they have acknowledged in the website.
Here is the 20 page instructions given to the service center guys here. Only first page available.

Regarding the vibes on tank, yes, I feel the vibes very much and I had put lot of double sided tapes on the metal tank long back.
Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
If anyone can take a close-up pic of the fuel tank issue, I would appreciate it.
This is probably something I can fix myself.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
So this is the front bracket that they're talking about, correct?

·
Registered
732 Posts
These things don't bother me too much. They find a problem and fix it proactively... I'm okay with that. :)

We've seen a few threads pop up lately with a few guys having problems with the bike shutting off. This looks like it'll correct that problem. I'm all through this forum and compared to other models, the R3 still remains a pretty rock solid bike. Not a lot to complain about and when we do find something, Yamaha is all over it.

Mine is not getting fixed anytime soon. It'll be a few months before the weather improves enough so I can get the bike out to the shop or repair.

On a side note... what's the over/under on how many recall threads we'll see created over the next few months :D
Exactly. Given today's technology and prototyping capabilities, issues like these are far and fewer between, however they happen. I applaud Yamaha for being proactive and "open." Conversely, look at other problems and issues with various other products and companies -Takata airbags for example. I forgot if it was Chevy with their ignition or something and Jeep with their Park issue. Remember, the R3 is a brand new model, and while based on the DNA of the "R" series, it takes no parts that I know of from the R6, FZ6R, etc My brother always told me never to buy the first year of anything until the gremlins are knocked out-heh, both my bike and car are their respective model's maiden years.

Being in NY, I have tons of bike dealers around me, and yeah, we are all buys enough with work, school, errands, chores, etc and adding yet another item blows, but these two recalls have been relatively minor-the parts and failures weren't minor but with parts on hand, you could ostensibly wait for it to be or get your bike bike quick so as far as recalls go, the first one was painless, at least for me, and I don't see this being nearly as labor intensive as the clutch issue. But I'll shut my mouth.

India or Thailand got the recall notice first IIRC, and about a month later we were notified in the States so I am guessing we should be hearing something soon if any of our bikes are affected-hopefully it is relegated to India only. Has anyone here in the US been notified? I wonder if it is 2015 only (my year) or if 2016 onwards are affected?

·
Registered
346 Posts
@R0b0tN1nja_BKNY; I completely agree minor issues are not a big deal and they're very proactive/open. Everybody these days wants perfection with 0 issues, but with hundreds to thousands of parts **** is going to happen. I'm very happy Yamaha cares enough to issue these without a push from some other governing party to force them to do a recall.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys,
Just to add to this, I had a recall letter (From Yamaha Europe) about the recall on my 2016 MT03.
What do you think the chances of me getting a courtesy bike while they do it? I'm not walking home! :)

Surprised/disappointed more about the leaky switch!

·
Registered
169 Posts
Hi guys,
Just to add to this, I had a recall letter (From Yamaha Europe) about the recall on my 2016 MT03.
What do you think the chances of me getting a courtesy bike while they do it? I'm not walking home! :)

Surprised/disappointed more about the leaky switch!
Not sure how it works there, but it's hardly an hour job.

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 46 Posts