Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey everyone my name is Jonathan , I bought my R3 probably 2 weeks ago.
first time rider. so far my R3 is awesome. unfortunately someone hit my motorcycle with their back rear bumper tipping it and doing some damage.

so I rode my beautiful motorcycle for like a week :(:crying:
anyways Im just posting so I can hit the 15 pm soon. so I can chat with all you.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
first time rider. so far my R3 is awesome. unfortunately someone hit my motorcycle with their back rear bumper tipping it and doing some damage.

anyways Im just posting so I can hit the 15 pm soon. so I can chat with all you.
Welcome to the Forum.

Sounds like just a touch of Reverse Beginner's Luck.

Hope it's all fixed and on the road again soon. Enjoy!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hey thank you sir. I always seen your post. and how friendly and active you are inside the forum. I hope I can get help from you in the future. regarding parts and things that we can mod are R3's.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
hey thank you sir. I always seen your post. and how friendly and active you are inside the forum. I hope I can get help from you in the future. regarding parts and things that we can mod are R3's.
No worries. Ask away. Everybody on here is friendly and willing to assist with whatever you need answered.

Once you have 15 posts, you can PM (personal message) people through the User CP, upper right on the web page.

Cheers!

·
Registered
290 Posts

Insurance involved? You just replacing damaged parts? Negligible damage?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Was there any witnesses to the accident? Sorry to hear your new found joy of ownership was squashed so quickly.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
there was no witness. but the lady who hit my bike actually stayed till I got to my vehicle.
I never got to any accidents. didn't know what to do. I review my bike quickly at first sight, I didn't see anything till the next day (it happen at night). luckily I did ask for her insurance card and id.
when I inspected the bike, the next day I notice my fenders where squished and my clutch lever bent.
also some of my left side liquid was leaking.

so I called my insurance first to ask what to do. my agent told me to go with their insurance since I wasn't at fault and if I did go with my insurance company ( progressive) I had to pay a deductible (I was kind of Mad since I got my bike 2 weeks prior and rode it for 1 week lol)
anyways, the next day I did a claim with the other party insurance. and they told me an adjustor needed to see my bike. I took my bike to the dealer where I bought it for a estimate. but the insurance adjustor or estimator, couldn't reach the girl so it took another 2-3 days. I called the adjustor to see if they could reach the girl ( no luck). i decided to contact the lady myself to see if the insurance was actually trying to contact her or not ( maybe they were lying to me for some reason). anyways i did get a hold of her and she told me she didn't receive a call. i gave her the adjustor #. and she said she will try to help me speed it up.
today would be the 14 days with no bike. 3 days ago finally their insurance said they were gonna fix my bike.
contact my dealer. saying that they have to order the parts and need to fix it. estimate of 2 weeks that's what they told me.
total cost of everything is about 1300 dollars of damage.
I really got lucky that the person didn't run away like most people in here (California drivers, uninsured and others).

I also want to apologize for my terrible way of writing haha.
English its not my first language.

hopefully I would get my bike within 2 weeks :)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Brutal story. I'm glad it is at least in the stages of repair. Best of luck

·
Registered
93 Posts
I no longer park my bike Downtown or crowded areas due to people tapping you back parking. Almost happened to me once, an idiot backed up for no reason came within an inch or so of my front tire.

·
Registered
313 Posts
happened to my last bike, someone knocked it by car in a carpark while reversing, lucky he found me. now i always park further in whether i am parking.

·
Registered
811 Posts
no worries. Ask away. Everybody on here is friendly and willing to assist with whatever you need answered.

Once you have 15 posts, you can pm (personal message) people through the user cp, upper right on the web page.

Cheers!
GO AWAY!! >:D

WE GOT ENOUGH PEOPLE HERE!! :D

jk :laugh:

·
Registered
227 Posts
there was no witness. but the lady who hit my bike actually stayed till I got to my vehicle.
I never got to any accidents. didn't know what to do. I review my bike quickly at first sight, I didn't see anything till the next day (it happen at night). luckily I did ask for her insurance card and id.
when I inspected the bike, the next day I notice my fenders where squished and my clutch lever bent.
also some of my left side liquid was leaking.

so I called my insurance first to ask what to do. my agent told me to go with their insurance since I wasn't at fault and if I did go with my insurance company ( progressive) I had to pay a deductible (I was kind of Mad since I got my bike 2 weeks prior and rode it for 1 week lol)
anyways, the next day I did a claim with the other party insurance. and they told me an adjustor needed to see my bike. I took my bike to the dealer where I bought it for a estimate. but the insurance adjustor or estimator, couldn't reach the girl so it took another 2-3 days. I called the adjustor to see if they could reach the girl ( no luck). i decided to contact the lady myself to see if the insurance was actually trying to contact her or not ( maybe they were lying to me for some reason). anyways i did get a hold of her and she told me she didn't receive a call. i gave her the adjustor #. and she said she will try to help me speed it up.
today would be the 14 days with no bike. 3 days ago finally their insurance said they were gonna fix my bike.
contact my dealer. saying that they have to order the parts and need to fix it. estimate of 2 weeks that's what they told me.
total cost of everything is about 1300 dollars of damage.
I really got lucky that the person didn't run away like most people in here (California drivers, uninsured and others).

I also want to apologize for my terrible way of writing haha.
English its not my first language.

hopefully I would get my bike within 2 weeks :)
that's good to hear

My bike was 2 weeks new and someone just backed up into mine and ran away. I live with the scars and just tell myself that it's my first bike and not own a garage to let it go.
Minor damage to pay for (peg and brake lever) and leave the rest alone. I am surprised how California do not mandates driver to get insured in order to drive/ride(from someone who came from NY, you don't get your plate until you have your ride insured). Now I am in California that I pay more for their negligence than my own insurance for my own car and bike

1 - 16 of 16 Posts