Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone!

New rider here, just bought my first bike, and you guessed it. Its an R3. I ended up getting the 2017 Matte Black R3 (non-ABS). I go to pick it up Tuesday, so hoping the next day goes by pretty fast.

Im located in MA (Cape Cod) so if anyone is close by let me know!

·
Registered
228 Posts
Welcome, good choice the R3 is a great first bike. Have fun and ride safe :)

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! Im excited to go pick the bike up tomorrow, sad I won't be riding it home (new to riding and don't want to ride 2 hours to get it home on the back roads, mostly since I don't want to take it down the highway first thing)

My order from TST (Flush mount halos, fender delete, plate light, and LED rears) and Amazon (tender, usb connector) orders shipped today. Going to be looking into a comms system, gotta check with friends and see what they have first though.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I'm new to the site, motorcycling, and my R3. Got it 2 weeks ago, it's a 2015 Blue R3. It's sweet.

Congrats on your first bike!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I ended up buying the Sena SMH10r.

Bike came today, some more parts tomorrow and then Ill be installing them tomorrow night.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Also new rider, just got the same bike but with ABS. I'm in Austin, TX but I'm going to be in Cape Cod visiting family next week! Where on the Cape are you?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Also new rider, just got the same bike but with ABS. I'm in Austin, TX but I'm going to be in Cape Cod visiting family next week! Where on the Cape are you?
Im right in Hyannis. I didn't get the ABS version, not sure why (I think they were out of stock, oh well!) How're you liking yours? I have about 85 miles on it so far, and the rain this past week hasnt helped. But looks like you picked a good week to visit the Cape!

I actually did a semester at TTU, Lubbock was a bit boring, but being so different from here it was an awesome time. Spent some time hiking in Palo Duro, wanted to explore more but never made it to Austin sadly (yet).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts