Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone!

Glad to be here. I'm new to motorcycles and motorcycling, so excuse me if I'm a newbie to all this. I'm looking at an 2015 R3 as my first purchase for about $4000 out the door with under 1,000 miles. Is this a good deal? Also, I'm relatively uneducated with bike size and fit. I'm 6'0 tall, will the bike be enough motorcycle for me? I don't want to look like a big kid riding a tiny motorcycle.

Thanks in advance for your advice and help.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Hi Everyone!

Glad to be here. I'm new to motorcycles and motorcycling, so excuse me if I'm a newbie to all this. I'm looking at an 2015 R3 as my first purchase for about $4000 out the door with under 1,000 miles. Is this a good deal? Also, I'm relatively uneducated with bike size and fit. I'm 6'0 tall, will the bike be enough motorcycle for me? I don't want to look like a big kid riding a tiny motorcycle.

Thanks in advance for your advice and help.
regarding the size, i'm 5'11 almost 270lbs and i don't have any issues with the bike.. i put it on max preload for the rear shock and it feels just fine..

if you look at this bike next to a GSX-R 750, the GSX-R 750 actually looks smaller when looking at them from the front.. the R3 isn't exactly a pocket bike... if that makes sense...

and price wise, I got my 2016 brand new from the dealer for about $6000 out the door.. not sure if its worth it to you knowing that youre the one breaking the motor in... i've always said if you want something done right you gotta do it yourself.. if theres any instance of a rider not breaking in a motor correctly, it's probably going to happen more often with a 250-300cc "beginner" bike

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think it's a good deal, just make sure the first service and the recalls are done.
Who cares what people think? You're having fun that's all that matters.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Welcome the R3 is an amazing ride no matter your size or experience level. I have many other larger CC sportbikes and I love this ride. Good deal yes.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts