Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

Been lurking in these forums for around a month now learning what I can about the R3. I picked mines up 3 weeks ago. Having lots of fun riding and learning what I can. Although I have previous experience in powersports (ATVs, Dirtbikes, Jet skis, etc.), this is my first street bike. I have done as much personal research as I can but plan on taking the MSF course anyway. I already have my motorcycle permit and have been doing a lot of riding. Of course, I know I still have a lot to learn and understand my limits. Looking forward to being more active on these forums.

Bike Upgrades:

-R&G Fender Eliminator
-ProGrip Tank Pad
-Vagabond Frame Sliders
-Akrapovic GP Slip on (Arriving tomorrow)

Personal Gear:

-Bell Star Helmet (LOVE IT)
-Bell Qualifier DLX (Like the transitions shield)
-SS Jacket (Got it really cheap on clearance and has decent protection)
-SS riding jeans
-Puma Riding shoes
-Alpinestars gloves

Attachments

·
Registered
389 Posts
Welcome. Nice gear !

Reactions: Roski

·
Registered
132 Posts
Welcome!

That color was my second choice after the Yamaha Blue I chose like Mr. Deacon's blue bike above.

The MSF course is really good and when you pass it it should count to your behind the wheel for the riding portion of your M1 license test. There are good videos available on youtube that can help you understand ahead of time of what the course will have. You'll pass it with a brease already having a bike where I didn't have any riding experience when I did mine years ago and the low cc bike they supplied was perfect.

I got the same helmet too, carbon version and it's nice.

Ride safe!

·
Registered
132 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome. Nice gear !
Thanks!

Done, Nice suggestion.

I wanted Matte Grey but had almost given up hope in finding used. However, I got an amazing deal on this low mile R3 that has had the 600 mile service and recall done.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Thanks!

Done, Nice suggestion.

I wanted Matte Grey but had almost given up hope in finding used. However, I got an amazing deal on this low mile R3 that has had the 600 mile service and recall done.
It's always better that you got exactly what you wanted.

Reactions: Roski

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone, new to this forum and just got my 2015 red r3 last weekend. Guess I can say I’m a newbie since I have no prior experience riding. I’m taking the safety course next week. Hope to join u guys sometime.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts