Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I'm new to the forum and new to riding. I'm a 27 year old Paramedic from Ontario, Canada. I ride a 2016 white r3, bought brand new that's now got just under 2000km on it. I come from a car modifying and racing background. So far I'm loving this bike and riding in general, I should have done this way sooner!

Here's a pic of my trusty steed Artax.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
732 Posts
Welcome to the boards and the Yamaha and R3 family. Yeah, she's an awesome bike. I "downgraded" from a CBR600RR and couldn't be happier. For the $, you can't beat it. I like the Ninja300 too, but always been a Honda/Yamaha guy. I see you got rid of the butt ugly fender thank god. Now get some LED turn signals and relay and get rid of those bobble head doll incandescent turn signals!

As you come from a modifying background, you'll be in heaven with the R3. There is virtually no limit to what you can do. I have already probably spent nearly the retail price in parts. You can truly make it your own. You might want to look into a full exhaust like an Akra or Yosh, a block off plate, PC5, and a BMC air filter. Replace those rubber brake liens with some nice stainless steel braided Galfer or Speiglers and you'll improve your braking along with some Vesrah, Galfer, or other brand pads.Get some nice Sato, Graves, Tyga, or Woodcraft rearsets. Throw an Ohlins or JRI rear shock. Get some BattleAxe or Diablo Rosso II's.

There are a lot of amazing riders and racers here who are helpful and friendly, if not wise asses, so tread carefully. The basic Golden Rule around here is to search for something first and not popping off a thread asking something or about something for the umpteenth time. :)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome to the boards and the Yamaha and R3 family. Yeah, she's an awesome bike. I "downgraded" from a CBR600RR and couldn't be happier. For the $, you can't beat it. I like the Ninja300 too, but always been a Honda/Yamaha guy. I see you got rid of the butt ugly fender thank god. Now get some LED turn signals and relay and get rid of those bobble head doll incandescent turn signals!

As you come from a modifying background, you'll be in heaven with the R3. There is virtually no limit to what you can do. I have already probably spent nearly the retail price in parts. You can truly make it your own. You might want to look into a full exhaust like an Akra or Yosh, a block off plate, PC5, and a BMC air filter. Replace those rubber brake liens with some nice stainless steel braided Galfer or Speiglers and you'll improve your braking along with some Vesrah, Galfer, or other brand pads.Get some nice Sato, Graves, Tyga, or Woodcraft rearsets. Throw an Ohlins or JRI rear shock. Get some BattleAxe or Diablo Rosso II's.

There are a lot of amazing riders and racers here who are helpful and friendly, if not wise asses, so tread carefully. The basic Golden Rule around here is to search for something first and not popping off a thread asking something or about something for the umpteenth time. :)

Thanks! Yeah the fender had to go for sure. I'm gonna take it slow with modifying the bike I think, take my time and learn to ride it first. Besides, I've got some work to do on my cars still. Def appreciate the advice tho.

What made you switch from the double r?

Yeah I'm on loads of car forums so I should be good.

Happy riding!

·
Registered
389 Posts
Welcome

1 - 5 of 5 Posts