Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been looking at bikes for a few weeks. Was all over the place in what I wanted, what I wanted to spend, etc... Sport bike or Harley. Back and forth. I want both is the issue.

Got serious this week and started shopping insurance. Being a completely new rider, obviously that dictated a lot.

Wanted an R6, wasnt willing to pay $240 a month insurance(the lowest quote I got).
Lots of my buddies ride Harley's so I got insurance quotes on a few and they were more reasonable at $90-120 depending on year(was looking at 2014+). BUT then looking at a 15-18k dollar bike purchase.

Started looking at R3's as it seems like a decent first bike and one I can hone my skills on before moving up to something else. Got a few insurance quotes and looks like ~40 bucks a month. OK I can handle that. Found a dealer with 5 or 6 2016's left over and went to check them out today and see what the deals were. I would have preferred black, but they only had blue and red so I snagged a blue one. $4500 sale price plus all the other stuff and tax and tags for $5500 OTD. Seemed like a reasonable deal although I dont care for paying the $325 setup fee(or whatever its called). I would think that would be a "cost of doing business" thing.

Got a free MSF course out of it and the place they use is the place I was going to use anyway, so that saved me $220. They are also going to deliver to my house for free as well later this week or next. Also got 15% off of gear(which I believe is pretty standard) but their guy was gone for the day already so ill go pick out some stuff on Monday).

So overall I am happy with the deal I got and excited to get into a new hobby(because I dont have enough already LOL).

Now on to research helmets, jackets, gloves, mod's, etc...

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
definitely.

Im down south.

Im hoping to get the class knocked out this Tuesday and Wednesday, otherwise it will be the following week.

Got to figure out room in my overly packed garage for this thing too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts