Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings.

My name is Mateo. I am a 46-year-old living in Minneapolis with my wife and our dog and cat. We have an adult son who recently graduated college.

When I was 16 years old, my older brother encouraged me to take his Yamaha Vision for a ride down the street without any instruction. I ended up crashing it into the side of a neighbor's driveway retraining wall at about 50 MPH. I haven't ridden a motorcycle since.

That will change tonight when my new 2015 R3 is delivered to my home.

I wish I could say the new motorcycle buying experience was exciting and enjoyable, but I can't. Unfortunately, I purchased the R3 this past Saturday. It wasn't until after I bought the bike that I learned about the recalls -- from the Internet and NOT the dealer. Yamaha corporate confirmed that the dealer had known about the imminent-turned-issued recalls since late May or early June, and that I should've been informed of it before buying. Then I was faced with the dilemma of deciding between trying to cancel the sale or just live with the disappointment and hope the dealer completes the recall service in a timely and, more importantly, correct and thorough manner.

I look forward to reading others' thoughts and perspectives on the recalls and about their experiences with the R3.

I was a huge GP fan as a teenager, so I'm pretty stoked about finding a bike with the classic Marlboro Yamaha paint scheme ala Eddie Lawson and Wayne Rainey.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome. What dealer did you deal with?
Moto Primo. They seem like very nice and credible individuals. I've also learned from my brother who has worked as a mechanic at dealerships that service "bulletins" on new vehicles (as opposed to "stop sale recalls") are a rather common thing in both the auto and motorcycle industry. Overall I've been treated well. However, I would've appreciated knowing about the recalls before buying. Who knows, it may have been a good thing to not know because I may have decided not to buy what I hope will turn out to be a fun and reliable sport bike.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I suspect you'll love the bike. Recall doesn't take long.

The dealer OTOH ... not impressed. If you have other dealership options in the future, I wouldn't hesitate to use them.

Welcome to the forum!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts