Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
new rider here i bought a new r3! took it out today around the neighborhood to practice riding and dropped it lol :( not too much damage, should have installed my frame sliders before going out lol, I don't suppose I can get just one side fairing can I?

·
Registered
6 Posts
If there's not much damage and just some scrapes, just rock the battle scars and keep riding.

You can order the any part you need from a Yamaha dealership, it generally isn't cheap though.
Check out eBay listings and craigslist to see if people are selling the fairing you need.

I have frame sliders but if I ever end up scraping my fairings I would go with the vinyl wrap route.
If it's cracked I'd do the necessary prep work to repair it first.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
If there's not much damage and just some scrapes, just rock the battle scars and keep riding.

You can order the any part you need from a Yamaha dealership, it generally isn't cheap though.
Check out eBay listings and craigslist to see if people are selling the fairing you need.

I have frame sliders but if I ever end up scraping my fairings I would go with the vinyl wrap route.
If it's cracked I'd do the necessary prep work to repair it first.
Bike seems fine just scrapes on the bike I can’t seem to locate where I could find the fairing on the Yamaha site though lol

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
2020 R3, 2022 Trident 660
88 Posts
I dropped mine within the firsts 30 minutes of ownership in a parking lot while practicing.
The fist sized turn light cracked the panel.

The light may be unplugged. You can check if you remove the fairing.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I removed the fairing to put on my frame slider after I dropped it lol the turn signal lights up but doesn’t blink now

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dropped mine within the firsts 30 minutes of ownership in a parking lot while practicing.
The fist sized turn light cracked the panel.
My R3 is blue and the world is out of stock on the body panel. Yours is the same color.

This is the part number....
BS7-F835V-00-P3.

How to remove fairing.

The light may be unplugged. You can check if you remove the fairing.
Hold up that whole panel is only 40 dollars ? That doesn’t seem right

·
Registered
2020 R3, 2022 Trident 660
88 Posts
Hold up that whole panel is only 40 dollars ? That doesn’t seem right
It is like $28.
It is really affordable because it is a beginner bike. When you move up to R6, everything gets more expensive. So it is not just the price of the bike that gets expensive but repairs get proportionally expensive as well.

·
Registered
2021- R3
16 Posts
you need 2 pieces for the whole "side", should be number 28 & 29, there are 3 listings for each, you just need to find the correct one for your color code. stickers should be #60

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was surprised by the pricing of painted parts too.
Had a scratch an inch long probably from jean button on the side of my gas tank cover.
Paid $35 for a new tank cover... probably would have cost me $100 just to repaint my original one at a body shop.

The pricing doesn't seem right but I'm not complaining :LOL:

If your right turn signal no longer flashes but the running light still works, check to see if the bulb filament is broken. The front turn signal bulb 7443 is a dual filament bulb.
Try swapping the left side bulb over to the right side and see if it fixes it.

If it still doesn't work, your bulb is okay and there's something up with the wiring.
Use a multimeter to find out if you have a broken wire going to the turn signal.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I was surprised by the pricing of painted parts too.
Had a scratch an inch long probably from jean button on the side of my gas tank cover.
Paid $35 for a new tank cover... probably would have cost me $100 just to repaint my original one at a body shop.

The pricing doesn't seem right but I'm not complaining :LOL:

If your right turn signal no longer flashes but the running light still works, check to see if the bulb filament is broken. The front turn signal bulb 7443 is a dual filament bulb.
Try swapping the left side bulb over to the right side and see if it fixes it.

If it still doesn't work, your bulb is okay and there's something up with the wiring.
Use a multimeter to find out if you have a broken wire going to the turn signal.
Yeah I switched the lights and still no blinking just solid running light I hope it’s the wire that leads to just the bulb lol

·
Registered
7 Posts
new rider here i bought a new r3! took it out today around the neighborhood to practice riding and dropped it lol :( not too much damage, should have installed my frame sliders before going out lol, I don't suppose I can get just one side fairing can I?
Welcome to the group. Pity it has been more like a baptism of fire LOL. At least you have got your first bit of road rash out of the way and in the process of fixing the bike, you will learn more about it and build your maintenance skills.
Motorcycling is a journy, enjoy the ride.

Cheers B Lo

·
Registered
7 Posts
I’d honestly invest some money into taking a motorcycle course. Dropping a bike isn’t a good sign and getting out on the road is nothing like riding in a parking lot. One thing learned may help save your life one day.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts