Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Currently ride a Honda MSX / Grom in Taiwan.

Looking to buy an R3 solely for a one off turbo charge project to get to 60hp.

If 60Hp will get the R3 to 130mph then it essentially has the same top speed as the bigger fz-07 but will feel much lighter and be a joy to ride, and that is the reason why im not just starting with a bigger bike to begin with. I want the small over powered bike feeling.

Past bikes owned include a 2004 yamaha r6 125hp
and a 2004 ninja 250 32hp

Currently riding a bone stock Honda msx 125.

·
Registered
717 Posts
32 ponies from a ninja 2-fitty... That's respectable. I was able to squeeze 31.4 outta my 2005 ninjette, and the tune shop said I had a really strong motor.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
32 ponies from a ninja 2-fitty... That's respectable. I was able to squeeze 31.4 outta my 2005 ninjette, and the tune shop said I had a really strong motor.
I was running uni pod type filters clamped right to the carbs and Re-jetted my carbs to I think size 105 or 106 main jets. I can't remember it was so long ago. I also de-baffled my stock exhaust.

Getting back on a small parallel twin will be fun after all those old memories on the ninja 250. Turboing a small parallel twin, Well that will be awsum and something I have waited 10 years to do.

·
Registered
717 Posts
I have the 1-pc K&N twin filter pod on mine. Can't remember what jet size they went with. Bought my exhaust on craigslist, used, and couldn't find any info on the one number that is stamped on it. The tune shop and I agreed that it's prolly a homemade job, but it loox really nice if that's the case. One thing we noticed about it, it din't have a crossover tube between the headers. I painted the headers when I got it.
(Yes, those are pom-poms hanging off the side of my bike...long story. This is where Stirz starts poking fun at me).

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
I have the 1-pc K&N twin filter pod on mine. Can't remember what jet size they went with. Bought my exhaust on craigslist, used, and couldn't find any info on the one number that is stamped on it. The tune shop and I agreed that it's prolly a homemade job, but it loox really nice if that's the case. One thing we noticed about it, it din't have a crossover tube between the headers. I painted the headers when I got it.
(Yes, those are pom-poms hanging off the side of my bike...long story. This is where Stirz starts poking fun at me).
I saw those, but just figured you just forgot to remove them after wind tunnel testing. ;)

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice Ex 250 Back in the day (2004) it was the only 250cc road legal sport bike around at that time. The newer much better looking 250s hadn't come out yet. I always wanted to import the much sexier zzr250 with aluminium frame from Canada. Still to this day completely clueless why USA never got the ZZR250. It had the same ex250 engine but different frame/plastics. Its also sad the 400cc inline 4's never caught on big anywhere. There are quite a few cb400's out here in Taiwan. I bet if they were still making the inline 4 400cc's by now they would be pushing close to 100hp. Jumping between a ex250 and R6 I always wanted a bike with both, the ninja feel with r6 power.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts