Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
New to Forum Working on an R3 Powered Racebike

Hi Folks,

I'm new to the forum but not new to bikes. I had so much fun endurance racing a 250 Ninja last year that I decided to take my project race bike and put an R3 engine in it. Target weight is below 270lbs and low to mid 40's for horsepower. Here's the bike that will get the R3 motor installed:

Attachments

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hey Capitalview, I recognize your name from SV rider. Yep, that's the bike. Pretty much only the frame, tail and swingarm will remain for this R3 build. Wheels and fork will be more appropriate for a 270lb bike. Packaging within the chassis should be a good deal simpler too, as the R3 motor is meant to be a stressed member where the XR650R engine was not. Also there's no need for an external oil tank either. The weight of the extra parts required for fuel injection shouldn't be too bad. The bike weighed 285lb with the XR motor and relatively heavy wheels, so I think that lighter 300 class wheels will help things out quite a bit.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Hey op, did you ever get a motor? If you happened to have bought a wrecked bike for the motor, then I may be interested in the frame. Let me know!

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

1 - 10 of 10 Posts