Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
You and me have something in common then. The R3 is a perfect bike to start on. It's got a little more power than riders like to think it has. Welcome!!

·
Registered
149 Posts
Welcome! And I second what AesonVirus is saying about the safety course! Even if you've been riding for a while, there is still much to learn!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Welcome! As mentioned, if you are brand new to riding, take the course. I have taken the BRC once and a few other courses offered by the msf because it is a military requirement for me. I would say if it's your first time, it is worth it. There is always something to either learn, refresh, or reinforce at any of the courses. For me though, I get to attend for free. If you are paying for the advanced rider course or ERC, I suggest just taking that money to buy a track day ticket. It's so worth it, and even though it's not a "class" you definitely get some riding instruction if you go with a good track day org. In my honest and humble opinion, I learn far more how to ride a bike from track day instructors than what the MSF teaches me. The MSF is tailored more towards safe riding on the street, not really knee dragging on a race track. Two different scenarios.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts