Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I am a new member on this forum, i have been riding for years i had 25/26 bike over the period since 1999. 3 r1's 4 r6's
fz08 -fz09 and now 2015 r3...and not to mention a few kawis,suzuki, honda and triumph. I still have a second bike gsxr 600, recently i sold all my stuff, dedicated track bike/trailer/warmers/generator....i retired doing track days no more! So i have decided to purchase the new r3 well 2015 but new for me. This yamaha makes me smile all the time i truly enjoy riding this little r3 everywhere!!:) I'm almost 57years old and still riding sportbikes

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi
Sempre1,
I am a new member on this forum, i have been riding for years i had 25/26 bike over the period since 1999. 3 r1's 4 r6's
fz08 -fz09 and now 2015 r3...and not to mention a few kawis,suzuki, honda and triumph. I still have a second bike gsxr 600, recently i sold all my stuff, dedicated track bike/trailer/warmers/generator....i retired doing track days no more! So i have decided to purchase the new r3 well 2015 but new for me. This yamaha makes me smile all the time i truly enjoy riding this little r3 everywhere!!:) I'm almost 57years old and still riding sportbikes
Fox, welcome to the forum. I too am a vintage rider(75 years young). Have a 2016 YZF R3 and really enjoy all things about it.
I have been riding for over 50 years. Owned many Yamaha bikes including Royal Star, XS 1100G, DT 250, YZF R1(used on track only), XL 250,. FJR 1300 AE(my IBA rally bike), Suzuki DL 250 and 1991 Honda ST 1100.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh nice...our mind is ageless but the body react diff.lol Enjoy your ride while you can and hopefully many more to come.;-)

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Welcome Sempre!
I'm not getting any younger either and after taking many years off from bikes, I found the R3 to be the perfect gateway drug to get back into things again.
Now that I have rebuilt my comfort on bikes, I sometimes think about an upgrade to something else but when I get back on the R3... something about this bike makes me want to keep it for a long time. It's just so much fun to ride!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can't disagree with you AesonVirus, same here i share my love to this r3!lol I'm ready to change tires but i haven't decided on what to do about size wise, i'm pretty sure 150/60;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts