Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up a slightly used 2015 R3 with 1200 miles this past weekend, after riding a friends late last year. Rode it home on a not so pleasant day, pouring rain and cold. However it was still a good ride and the deal was worth it.
I've been around bikes for a while, mostly ride dirt bikes these days. Had a few super sport bikes in my college years and thankfully didn't get arrested or hurt.

Really enjoying the R3 so far. I'd define it as low on power high on fun. More comfortable than my old bikes and just as good looking. Also just enough to keep it interesting but not get into trouble after revving out a few gears.

Ordered an Akropovic full exhaust from Revzilla. Should be here tomorrow but all of a sudden weather will be in the 30s again. So, sadly I won't get to test it out for a couple weeks. Also ordered some mirror extenders off of eBay so I can see around my shoulders without tucking them in.

Anyways, thanks for having me.

Jon

Attachments

·
Registered
64 Posts
Looks better in blue....

Let me know if you need a hand working on it. Glad you have come back to the not so dirty side of things. :D

·
Registered
1,515 Posts
Looks very nice. I see it already has a rear FE kit on it. Nice!
You will need to run a fuel-controller with that full exhaust system. Or at least a flash-tune and maybe a PAIR valve block-off mod.
It will sound really sweet, but you won't get much performance gain. I'm hearing 2-4 HP gain. Hardly seems worth the cost.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks everyone!

CBRPilot, correct the prior owner already had the rear fender removal from Graves as well as some adjustable clutch and front brake levers. My understand from reviews and information available online is that I should be ok with the Akropovic full system if I leave the baffler in. Later I may due a power commander but the cost doesn't seem to justify it just yet, I'll wait and see the results others see.

Clyde... I'm still focused on the dirt riding! But this will be nice to have

1 - 12 of 12 Posts