Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How is everyone? I'm Brandon, a new owner of a 2015 R3. But this isn't just my first sportbike, it's my first bike with a clutch! I've been riding scooters since 2006, my latest is a Yamaha Majesty. I got rear ended at a stoplight and the ensuing damage totaled my bike. I decided to step out of the scooter realm and into something a little more fun. I wound up buying an R3 last Wednesday, and had to drive 240 miles round trip to go get it. I got the color I wanted, mine is blue. The first thing I noticed was the gaudy rear fender. I googled "Yamaha R3 ugly rear fender" and fender-delete kits popped up! :D Apparently I'm not the only one that thinks that!

I'm still trying to get used to it, my bike has I believe about 18 miles on it, 8 of it put by the dealer to test it. I am still getting used to having a clutch but it really didn't take long, it's such a smooth bike. I figured its a 300, the Majesty is a 400, so the Majesty should smoke it. Wow, was I wrong! :eek: I wasn't even CLOSE. This bike will smoke that Majesty 6 ways from Tuesday.

I noticed some complained of inadequate brakes. I squeezed the front brake expecting it to be spongy and I almost went over the handlebars. Not sure where those reviews came from.

That being said, its nice to be here!

·
Registered
161 Posts
Congratulations on the bike and getting the color you want!

A lot of people got rid of the fender (including me) using the one from vagabond. It's got a lower cost, reuses the license plate light, and has neat rubber bumpers to reduce vibration. Currently on sale using a code and they are having a give away to a lucky winner (search for the thread).

·
Registered
717 Posts
Welcome to the madness, Brandon!! Glad you bought the (faster) blue one.
You're right, this thing will smoke the Majesty 7 ways to Thursday!!!!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks everyone. I ordered a Vegabond finder delete kit today. My cart finally only showed 1 kit.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Brake feel is a relative thing. Your Majesty brakes were probably just that bad. ;)

Congratulations on your first clutch! Welcome.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I use to ride a Yamaha Majesty. Regretted selling it a lot, its a complete bargain for the ride. Felt ride in the middle between light and big scooters. Use to ride to Canada on it in total comfort due to its great wind protection for legs, chest. May buy one back someday.

·
Registered
321 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, it's a great bike. I bought my 06 new in 07 with 0.0 miles on it. It had just under 25,000 when she hit it. I drove it another 1,000 or so until I got the R3. I know I'm going to miss the storage. I could go grocery shopping on that thing.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Look at the pics I have here on the forum. I added a Givi box to my R3, to give me some storage for trips to the grocery store. I know it looks a little odd. I am waiting for Yamaha USA to start selling the rear rack and I'll move it back whenever I get one of those. I bought his bike to be used and the box can hold a bunch of stuff, as well as store your helmet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts