Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I just picked up a 2016 Matte Gray R3 about a month ago. This is currently my 3rd bike and Ive been riding since 2004 or so. I currently use this as my daily commuter and love it. Not much done to it so far. Removed factory decals, TST Industries fender eliminator and under tail kit, integrated tail lights, flush mount signals, and an Akrapovic CF slip on. I look forward to my time in the community here.

Attachments

·
Registered
732 Posts
Welcome man. I love the matte gray. I have the black one, and love black cars and black bikes, but I think the matte gray is my favorite even though some people inexplicably hate it. One of those polarizing colors I guess. You're started out nicely with your upgrades. Be careful, it's addictive. If you're married, better get a separate bank account or credit card to order parts under the radar. :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks man, like you said, I believe the matte gray is just one of those colors people either love or hate, not many in between. And I know what you mean about being addicted to upgrades haha, for me the decision was to get this bike or upgrade my other two bikes, but as my other two aren't too comfortable for my daily commute, the R3 was the victor.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I own the 2015 red R3 and love the color but the matte gray is definitely the winner now. Welcome to the forum and ride safe!

·
Registered
139 Posts
You've started out nicely with your upgrades. Be careful, it's addictive. If you're married, better get a separate bank account or credit card to order parts under the radar. :)
There's truth there. Swore I was going to keep it mostly stock.... now I'm planning on keeping it for another season and spending the money on upgrades instead of another bike. For the winding roads around here, the bike is an absolute blast - so, better to spend available money on suspension and tires, since the engine is already more than enough for the twisties.

·
Registered
132 Posts
I ride in SoCal but don't facebook. When/where do y'all ride
Welcome, and looks good. Your color was my 2nd choice after the YamBlue I got but I still like it a lot. I also did the TST fender eliminator and TST side led's. There's a couple R3 riders in Yorba Linda I see after work sometimes riding their bikes but I don't know who they are. One is on a Red/White R3 and the other on Black/Grey like yours.

I'm in your neighborhood (Orange) and have road my R3 mostly to/from work but maybe we can set up a ride some time and with others that have put together a SoCal ride before. I've gotten up really early on Saturday's 5:30am leaving at 6:00am to got to Cars & Coffee meetup in Aliso Viejo to go see all the different rides that show up, (all kinds of cars even a 1930 Duesenberg has shown up). My buddy has a 608hp Cobra kit car he brings out and I've ridden several times with a buddy and his Norton 750 bike and another new rider (not an R3 though) I just met 1 other time. Interested in a ride sometime somewhere let me know. Canyon rides to Cooks Corner and around there are nice.

I'd like to hear your exhaust in person too because I still want to change mine but I want to hear others first.

·
Registered
132 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts