Yamaha R3 Forums banner
21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
A bright LED turn signal blinker is a must if you want to be seen by others to ensure safety when riding at night. I Installed these on my 2015 Yamaha r3 and there are awesome! They look a lot cleaner than the one signals and are super cheap! I love that these are sequential and are pretty bright for what they are. At night, these are awesome and visible, vehicles next to you can notice you right away. FYI:
12V Motorcycle LED Turn Signals Yellow Front Rear Turn Signal Blinker Indicator Light Replacement 2pcs/4pcsSingle-row(4pcs)
View attachment 70540
Fortunately the gen 2 R3's (2019+) come with LED headlights and turn signals.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I've done a lot more night riding now and a thing to note is if you are using products like Rain-X or other water repellants (suitable for plastic) on your visor, be sure to buff them off properly with a clean terry towel or microfibre cloth because they leave a residue (which aids in water droplets sliding off the visor) but this in turn creates a haze on the visor which reacts to headlights etc and can be quite distracting.
Also if you riding in more rural or country areas at night or roads with less street lights; expect to get a LOT of bugs hitting your visor. On darker roads without street lights they are more drawn to your headlights (especially if you are running your high beams) and you will have a visor covered in bugs in no time. Take visor wipes with you as they will surely come in handy.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts