Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve recently purchased a sigma6 jet kit (NOS) and before the purchase, the kit said I didn’t need to replace anything on the bike for it to work. Once I received it, the instructions recommended changing my spark plug with lower temp ones. Does anyone know what kind of plugs I should get and if there is any other mods that I should do before pressing the big red button

·
Registered
177 Posts
It will most likely need a high flow air filter and a good tune. The R3's ECU doesn't adapt well to changes in air/fuel ratios, hence why you need to do a tune when adding a full exhaust to avoid engine damage and to get any sort of performance gain.

With NOS, I imagine it's the same concept. You're adding another form of fuel, and you will only be able to use any of the potential power gains if you add more air.

Also, the R3's engine is pretty bullet proof, but NOS is a different beast. Usually, any vehicle that has NOS added will have their engine rebuilt with much stronger internals - unless you don't give two sh*ts about your engine longevity, you can skip this part.

I know their have been some R3's that have been tuned (I think in the UK) with NOS but the information about those are not on these forums. They spent a lot of $ on the build, however.

·
Registered
24 Posts
So speaking generally re:nitrous, yes u would generally go with a colder plug, so u want the CR9EIX assuming this thread is real. If you are having issues with detonation after the switch, then run another step colder.

-gsr

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So speaking generally re:nitrous, yes u would generally go with a colder plug, so u want the CR9EIX assuming this thread is real. If you are having issues with detonation after the switch, then run another step colder.

-gsr
That exactly what I needed to know, had no clue what plugs to get.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts