Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I broke down due to having no brakes whilst heading to work on Monday, and upon getting to the bike shop, they told me it was a "rocker cover gasket" and "front brake issue". I knew the rocker cover gasket was fine from my weekly inspection on Saturday.

I had the bike towed 60km to my local dealer (where I purchased my bike); upon inspection, the manager of my local shop told me it was nothing to do with my rocker cover and was completely fine, instead it was due to my ABS Pump that I had no brakes. :crying:

Would my aftermarket levers and/or vesrah RJL sintered pads cause the ABS pump to fail?

Should my ABS pump be covered by warranty if it is not working and caused me to have no brakes? I do know that all levels were fine 2 days prior, and no leaks were spotted.

Should the warranty cover my towing cost of $120?

·
Registered
389 Posts
You left out some info. How old is the bike. Don't think warranty will cover your tow, but your insurance company might. If the bike is less than 12 old your warranty should take care of repair unless you have extended warranty. Good luck.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, it's a 2015 model, however, I purchased it in February 2016.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Warranty should cover repairs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts