Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 with 2600 miles now. Bought March and started up like a charm every time up until last Thursday. Went out after work. Turned over but wouldn't start. Finally got it started by revving it. Rode home. Started right up 30 minutes later. Started fine over the weekend. All starts today, and I made a few, required twisting the throttle. Any idears as to what could be happening? Runs fine once started.

·
Registered
307 Posts
2021 with 2600 miles now. Bought March and started up like a charm every time up until last Thursday. Went out after work. Turned over but wouldn't start. Finally got it started by revving it. Rode home. Started right up 30 minutes later. Started fine over the weekend. All starts today, and I made a few, required twisting the throttle. Any idears as to what could be happening? Runs fine once started.

is yours like mine airbox mod and exhaust?

·
Registered
491 Posts
Was it a "hot" day? I'm only asking because, it's a somewhat "known" issue with the R3. When it's very warm out, and you ride it (and maybe park it in direct sunlight?), sometimes the fuel in the injection system boils/evaporates in higher temperatures. Mine has done it a couple times on a hot day. It's kind of annoying, but not harmful.... Also, there is no "fix" for it. I think I found a thread on this forum about it? Maybe try doing a search on this site. I wouldn't try to start it when this happens by "reving-it". The EFI system will compensate accordingly. Adding more fuel "may" risk fouling a spark plug. Then you are definitely "stuck"... I wouldn't worry too much about it. Good luck-

·
Registered
30 Posts
What's your RPM guage doing.. Is the needle between 1 & 1.5 RPM ..... You're bike is to new to have any real mechanical issue's ...if you're not riding your bike keep the battery hooked up to a battery tender ...2 or 3 days without riding and the battery could be getting drained just enough to where the cluster gauges turn on but the bike wont
2015 R3 put over 40k miles

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
UPDATE Bike sat for 3 days (Fri-Sat-Sun). However, over those 3 days I started it up twice a day. Fired up every time. No issues at all while commuting so far this week. Even with 90* temps. Thanks for the feedback.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts