Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Once the weather clears up I would like to organize a group ride for all the R3 riders in the Northern California area. I believe the last time I counted there was 17-18 riders including myself. Who would be down to get a massive ride of nothing but R3s?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Count me in! I'm in Pacifica, just outside of SF.

Hwy 1 down to Half Moon Bay is beautiful.
And of course there's always Skyline Blvd down to Alice's...

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am going to make a Facebook Page tonight for R3 riders in the Bay Area. Ill post the link and name tonight here and a new topic so everyone can join

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

·
Registered
45 Posts
I know there are a LOT more R3's in NorCal. I bought my R3 right after they came out, and by that time it was already the 26th one my dealer had sold. I'm sure they have sold many more since, and that's just one dealer.

Depending upon the location for the ride, I would be interested.

Greg Seeger
Santa Rosa

·
Registered
227 Posts
Nice we have some Bay Area r3s! I'm down in San Jose and like to go out to Morgan hill for some easy riding with a great view. Took this pic up by the mansions. Will join the fb group!
Got a red one here by San Jose too! Where did you go in morgan hill for the mansion?(never really entered morgan hill been passing on 101 alot)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Got a red one here by San Jose too! Where did you go in morgan hill for the mansion?(never really entered morgan hill been passing on 101 alot)
Nice, be sure to join the Facebook group a few posts up!
I like to ride Calero Reservoir, very small, but very little traffic. And really easy roads, but it is close to my house.

There are a bunch of lakes and reservoirs near Morgan Hill.

But I did just ride Hwy 130 last weekend, it was a blast but very dangerous road conditions. Check out the FB post on the group :) I put a map of the hwy 130 to Livermore ride and a overview of all the road hazards on the way haha.

·
Registered
227 Posts
Nice, be sure to join the Facebook group a few posts up!
I like to ride Calero Reservoir, very small, but very little traffic. And really easy roads, but it is close to my house.

There are a bunch of lakes and reservoirs near Morgan Hill.

But I did just ride Hwy 130 last weekend, it was a blast but very dangerous road conditions. Check out the FB post on the group :) I put a map of the hwy 130 to Livermore ride and a overview of all the road hazards on the way haha.
Yea i did join but just not much to post(been working and just commuting with my bike, nothing exciting)

I did 130 once for my car a few months back in the fall but not going up again anytime soon. Too many random road hazards there to ride comfortably

I'll probably wait for my camera(I still didn't make up my mind what to get) and do some highway 17 to santa cruz ride sooner or later(that's some of my commute weekly). Been waiting for 9 to be opened again and warmer to go to skyline blvd as well(heard from other bikers all the time just never get a chance to get there)

·
Registered
74 Posts
Yea i did join but just not much to post(been working and just commuting with my bike, nothing exciting)

I did 130 once for my car a few months back in the fall but not going up again anytime soon. Too many random road hazards there to ride comfortably

I'll probably wait for my camera(I still didn't make up my mind what to get) and do some highway 17 to santa cruz ride sooner or later(that's some of my commute weekly). Been waiting for 9 to be opened again and warmer to go to skyline blvd as well(heard from other bikers all the time just never get a chance to get there)

Yeah, 130 was crazy... didn't get out of the 15-35mph range because way to many hazards around every turn. ( downed trees, boulders, etc.) I need to check out 9, never heard of it, but I have only been down here for 1 year.
Every, non raining, day I have been going 280 to San Mateo for work.
Not to bad of a commute on the bike, especially when the traffic is under 40 mph and I can lane split safely. I'm not crazy enough to split over 40.

I need to get out a map and see if there are any back roads to San Mateo, didn't look like it on google :(

·
Registered
227 Posts
Yeah, 130 was crazy... didn't get out of the 15-35mph range because way to many hazards around every turn. ( downed trees, boulders, etc.) I need to check out 9, never heard of it, but I have only been down here for 1 year.
Every, non raining, day I have been going 280 to San Mateo for work.
Not to bad of a commute on the bike, especially when the traffic is under 40 mph and I can lane split safely. I'm not crazy enough to split over 40.

I need to get out a map and see if there are any back roads to San Mateo, didn't look like it on google :(
I wouldn't really ride fast from not knowing the corner is safe, just out of my comfort zone
9 is still closed from what I know, they said hopefully it'll be back before the summer season.

There are like 3ways to go up with 280/101 or el camino real(82). If youre lane splitting might as well do 101 for straighter/wider/safer split by HOV lane. If youre driving 82 is not a bad bet, gets you from SJ to San mateo a pretty fixed time for traffic(red light often but everyone's going)
If you do back road with bike I doubt you can do better than 40mph straight access on 101

·
Registered
37 Posts
Just joined the FB group! I'm located in Castro Valley myself, and I've got Sunday and Mondays off, so rides on those days would be just fine for me. :3

·
Registered
329 Posts
Hopefully, this thread is still alive. Newbie rider/owner, from the south bay and looking for more fellow R3 riders/owners to ride with and learn from. Put in my request for the Facebook group and hopefully looking forward to meeting some other local members.

·
Registered
94 Posts
Hopefully, this thread is still alive. Newbie rider/owner, from the south bay and looking for more fellow R3 riders/owners to ride with and learn from. Put in my request for the Facebook group and hopefully looking forward to meeting some other local members.

I requested membership to the FB group a couple weeks ago and it's still pending. Looks like the group info longer active.

CJ

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm in for a group ride. I love the back roads going to Lake Berryessa and Napa. I'm also interested in the bay area routes as well. Some of the roads seem amazing! Anyone in Norcal interested in meeting up for track days as well?

·
Registered
329 Posts
I requested membership to the FB group a couple weeks ago and it's still pending. Looks like the group info longer active.

CJ
Ya, it's been a while myself and I haven't heard/gotten any updates either. May start up a new thread here to gauge interest and have a place for current active users to start gathering and go from there.

·
Registered
329 Posts
I'm in for a group ride. I love the back roads going to Lake Berryessa and Napa. I'm also interested in the bay area routes as well. Some of the roads seem amazing! Anyone in Norcal interested in meeting up for track days as well?
Got this thread going..check it out.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts