Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

New to the board, I'm from Europe but live in northern Thailand. Bought a 2nd hand r3 with 9000km and happy of it.
Used to ride a gsx-r 750 in Europe but that is way too much for Thai roads :) The 320 is perfect.

The r3 was completely stock when i bought it. Now is has the tail tiddy and a complete exhaust installed by myself.

Thanks to the forum for all the information and advices provided.

Happy ride :)

Attachments

·
Registered
87 Posts
welcome!, just returned from Bangkok today, roads are utterley mental, anyways part of the visit took me to KD racing projects about 30 mins outside of BKK, picked up a swing arm/hugger cover and some front fork adjusters, will have to wait until the weekend to fit then thought.
I have also got a rear suspension riser kit coming as I like a bit more height at the rear, will be posting pictures when done in the correct forum post, agree with your choice after what i have witnessed on vacation, the R3 is a sensible choice.

keep it upright! cheers Marshy (UK)

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for your messages :)

555 (hahaha) Kd racing is the place where I ordered the exhaust and plate tiddy :) Very good service and quick shipment (no idea if they ship abroad).

The roads up north (where we go) are ok, not so much traffic as in cities, but still have to think about Somchai coming back from a funeral completely drunk or the dog and chickens, the super slow truck, the pickup that was spilling oil... As we also ride enduro here, it helps for emergency maneuvers ;)

Welcome to share a ride if you come back around here.

Now still looking for a PCV or Bazzaz to install. But as I have no idea how to tune the thing, hesitating between the 2 (as pcv has more maps available) and adding or not a auto fuel...

Cheers !

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello HS

I am just outside Bamnet Narong here in Chaiyaphum province. Have the Moto version and always looking for excuses to go out on long rides? Where are you located.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi TMD,
I'm in Chiang Dao CM. Going for a 1 or 2 day tour tomorrow with a mt-03 friend. Phrao, Phayao, CR (maybe night in CR) then back Doitung, Mae Salong, Thaton, Fang and CD. No real plans except small and twisty roads... And might go check the track in CR...

I won't be in TH for the next month and come back beginning of April. Always open to burning some fuel :))

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hello HS,

Thank you for reply. You are quite a bit West of me, if I am correct in thinking you up Chang Mai? I am always looking for excuse to go a run. Maybe we could meet somewhere in the middle?? My Thai wife is a good sort, as long as she knows where I am going she is good.

Tried dragging a photo of the bike?? Clicked on our German Shepherd pup. Cannot cancel it, sorry.

Now find I cannot drag any more photos??

Attachments

·
Registered
86 Posts
Proud of ya for not letting the power of the 750 get the better of you. Welcome to the R3 family. Enjoy the ride as always!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello HS,

Thank you for reply. You are quite a bit West of me, if I am correct in thinking you up Chang Mai? I am always looking for excuse to go a run. Maybe we could meet somewhere in the middle?? My Thai wife is a good sort, as long as she knows where I am going she is good.

Tried dragging a photo of the bike?? Clicked on our German Shepherd pup. Cannot cancel it, sorry.

Now find I cannot drag any more photos??
Hello,

Yes, i'm about 80km from CM city, straight north. We could try once to meet if I can get away... Got a 10 months old daughter so family life comes before bike riding for some time. But for sure will tell you if I go south.

Our tour was a lot of fun, the bike rides perfect, a real pleasure to be road riding again :) Also went to check the track in Chiang Rai, nice little technical track. 500.- BHT for a day if they are not doing anything. Sunday is closed as they do teaching (if I understood well). Will try to ride once there in April.

Haha cute dog. And a blanket from Etihad ? ;)

Cheers !

·
Registered
134 Posts
Thanks. Looks like a nice family with all those informative posts on here. Cheers !
Hello HS,
Where would you say is a meeting place in the middle? Where I live is very quiet, no bars, no KFC or McDonalds. So would prefer to stay somewhere that has chilled beer and safe to park the m/bikes up at night.

I know CM has a good social life.

When in April are you back.

Attachments

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Hello HS,
Where would you say is a meeting place in the middle? Where I live is very quiet, no bars, no KFC or McDonalds. So would prefer to stay somewhere that has chilled beer and safe to park the m/bikes up at night.

I know CM has a good social life.

When in April are you back.
Hello,

Back at home... Middle could be Uttaradit, Phrae or Nan... CM why not, but most of the roads out of CM are a bit boring. Unless going to Mae Chem (near Doi Inthanon) and then for the Mae Hong Song loop (Mae Hong Song - Pai). Or you can come up to us (Chiang Dao) and there are some nice roads up here but then you need a couple days (Wieng Hang - Arunothai - Doi Angkran) or on the other side (kind of), Phao, Phayao, Chiang Rai, Mae Salong, Thaton, Mae Suay for what I know... I have a first bungalow that is finished, I make good prices for bikers :)))

I'll try to go ride at least one day before Songkran, might do a 2 days with a track day in CR if my wife is ok with it. Then the bike will be at rest during Songkran (roads way too dangerous). Between the 19th and 27th I could ride a bit, again if the family is ok with that. And at the end of the month will be away for a couple of weeks again.

If we cannot meet now, no worries, we will meet later during raining season. It's fun too ;)

Cheers !

PS : nice ride :)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts