Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am not getting email notifications as I should. I check the forum a few times a day and there are several threads that get updated and I am always subscribed to be "emailed instantly" when a new post is made. Some posts are updated and days later I never receive the notifications. I realize if I happen to read the particular thread soon after it posts, the forum server knows I am logged in and will not send those particular notifications.

I first noticed this a few months back as folks were posting in the riders map thread and I was not getting notifications.

I do receive ~30% of the notifications but there is something going on with the rest.

I have a Gmail address and have never had this issue with other MC forums that I am aware of. They are not getting caught in my spam.

Thanks in advance for any help the admin can do to remedy!

Kirk

·
Registered
406 Posts
This is happening to me,i've now put those two contacts in my 'puter and i'll see what happens.Thanks Kyle.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
For starters can you try adding [email protected] and [email protected] to your safe senders list?
That helps a lot of the time, it sounds like messages are getting throttled.
Kyle
I will do as you suggest with the hopes that this improves things but I have never had an R3 forum message go to my spam. It just never makes it to me.

I added them to my contacts in Gmail. There is no "Safe Senders" list. I also set a filter up with those addresses to never send to spam.

Thanks for the tip! Lets see how this goes.

Kirk

·
Administrator
329 Posts
So you are only getting about half of the emails that you should be getting? Do you happen to notice a pattern in times that these emails are coming in?

~Sheena

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Did a tweak in your settings. If nothing improves will send this along to tech to be looked into.

Kevin

·
Registered
406 Posts
Mine seems to be working now thanks.

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Howdy Kirk,

Have you still not received any emails for these responses?
I tweaked a setting in your profile, I'm hoping it will change something.
Have you received an email for this post?

Richard.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Howdy Kirk,

Have you still not received any emails for these responses?
I tweaked a setting in your profile, I'm hoping it will change something.
Have you received an email for this post?

Richard.
Never did get notifications from that thread. I assumed that once I viewed the thread this morning, the server would mark it read and not send a notification.

I did receive an email when you posted to this thread.

·
Administrator
329 Posts
So it's just some subscribed threads that you aren't receving emails about? Can you link me an example? Also, what about other email notifications, such as PMs?

Kevin

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So it's just some subscribed threads that you aren't receving emails about? Can you link me an example? Also, what about other email notifications, such as PMs?

Kevin
Correct. I am getting only partial emails when people post replies to the threads I am subscribed to.

Read post 11 above. That was the latest example of not getting an email notification.

As for PM's, try sending me a PM. I will see if I get an email notification.

Thanks!

Kirk

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Logged on just now and scrolled the list. No email notifications for a thread titled "First Mirror Spacers/Wideners Available!". There were new posts through the night. I intentionally did not open or read that thread so you could look into why an email was never sent.

A possible pattern? Missed emails are occurring in the late hours of the night/early morning maybe!?

Thanks for your continued support. :)

·
Administrator
329 Posts
Okay, I will send in a ticket towards our tech team to look into this issue.
Before that, can you confirm that you have received this one in a timely manor?
Also are you able to pin down the times when the posts where you do not receive an email are made?

Richard.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay, I will send in a ticket towards our tech team to look into this issue.
Before that, can you confirm that you have received this one in a timely manor?
Also are you able to pin down the times when the posts where you do not receive an email are made?

Richard.
I received an email notification instantly for your post to this thread.

Not able to pin down times yet. The last one was ~2:30 AM. I will try to log them from here out to assist you.

Thanks!

1 - 20 of 54 Posts