Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone from nsw get any negative attention from the cops having full akrapovic system or slip on exhausts?
Getting one installed tomorrow and thinking if i should go full system or slip on

Also, who from syd is going riding this weekend

·
Registered
140 Posts
Gday strati, I have the Racing Line full Stainless system (and I keep the baffle in), and on the way home today I went through an RBT and the cops didnt even give me a weird look. It also helps to not rev the everloving crap out of your engine, but I also may have just had a nice copper. On the other hand, Ive seen video of a HWP defecting a brand new 100% stock Ninja 300 in the RNP for his exhaust because it lacked a compliance sticker or something idiotic like that. There are nice cops and properly dumb ones, so its down to a bit of luck.

Oh, and the full system sheds something like 5kilos, and although Ive never ridden my R3 with the stock exhaust im sure those 5 kilos would make a big difference. Performance gains are more or less negligible and the Akrapovic official dyno chart shows an even more pronounced flat spot in the powerband at I think 5k revs or so but is a gain pretty much everywhere else. It sounds great, isnt too loud (with the baffle in) but if you really want to go for obnoxious then take the baffle out because holy **** it is loud. Its louder than my mates MT07 with the Full Carbon System without a baffle, for comparison.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm thinking of getting the M4 slayer. It's a slip-on that eliminates the muffler box so it's fairly loud, while being cheaper than other full systems.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pw-KjveUsLo

Also prefer the tone of the noise to the other systems. But yeah, whatever you choose, you should keep the baffle in to avoid too much unnecessary attention.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Full akrapovic exhaust - NSW Cops

Hey mate, I thought it was too loud aswell, (I have the blue R3 with full akrapovic exhaust (with baffle in)) however, the dB that the exhaust puts out is within the NSW EPA. So yes, it is legal. And no, you shouldn't get any attention with the coppers with it, provided you have the baffle in :)

Where in nsw are you located? My brother in law and myself has the R3's both with the akrapovic, he has a red and we are both interested in going for a ride, The brother in law is in Campbelltown area, I'm constantly travelling between Campbelltown area and Penrith area, keen for a cruise? :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
Cruisin'

Awesome, I'm off on a holiday for the next week and a bit, after that, we should organise a group ride with a few others? Do you have any mates with a bike?

Where would you be interested in going?

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well there will definitely be me with my r3, my mate has a ninja and his 2 mates both have r3s so thats 4 of us :)

·
Registered
20 Posts
I'm also not far from C-town... I'd be keen to come for a cruise once I'm a little more comfortable on the bike!

·
Registered
103 Posts
When and where would we be leaving from? Where would the ride be going to?
Saturday lunch time would be best for me?

·
Registered
326 Posts
I was in Sydney 3 weeks ago. It was brutally hot but I had a great time.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
12 lunch time is good for me! Im only new to riding so not to sure about a good route does anyone have a suggestion?

·
Registered
140 Posts
12 Saturday sounds great

Its double demerits this weekend too remember, so cops will be everywhere, especially in the more popular riding roads.

·
Registered
20 Posts
12 lunch time is good for me! Im only new to riding so not to sure about a good route does anyone have a suggestion?
Also new, but I've heard old pac is good. It'll be filled with cops though. Maybe wisemens ferry and putty road?

There's also some good rides down south but I don't know the details

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 29 Posts