Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wish I double checked beforehand but basically, when I removed my OEM brake lever and replaced it with the CRG one, I noticed a gap in the upper bolt to the clamp. Its about less than 1mm.

Wondering to all the OEM stock or modded owners of 2015 R3's, do you have this gap between the bolt to the clamp on your brake lever? It's the stock bolt which is reused when swapping out the lever. Tightened it all the way and this gap exists. Can't for the life of me remember if it was originally like this!

Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
372 Posts
I wish I double checked beforehand but basically, when I removed my OEM brake lever and replaced it with the CRG one, I noticed a gap in the upper bolt to the clamp. Its about less than 1mm.

Wondering to all the OEM stock or modded owners of 2015 R3's, do you have this gap between the bolt to the clamp on your brake lever? It's the stock bolt which is reused when swapping out the lever. Tightened it all the way and this gap exists. Can't for the life of me remember if it was originally like this!

Thanks.
I got you..
Just checked Ravens setup and the gap is there! So either were both right or wrong. Dont over tighten anything ok?

·
Super Moderator
1,006 Posts
If you look at the OEM bolt for the brake lever, you'll see there's a built in shoulder that's not threaded... this prevents the possibility of the bolt being overtightened and binding up the brake lever. Your new levers may, or not, have more clearance and play between the slot where they're attached. But the brake lever bolt, by it's design, will not take up that additional slack.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts