Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I checked prices on 6 different online OEM parts suppliers for: Left & Right side white fairings and the center tank panel (all 3 items for the Rapid Red/Vivid Red R3). Dealer MSRP for the fairings is $103 each and the tank panel is $44.

YamahaPartsWarehouse $203 (includes $21.45 for shipping)

Procaliber $157 (free shipping) NOTE: they have 12 warehouses around the U.S. so probably have the fastest ship times, too.

YamahaSportsPlaza $193 (includes $18.95 shipping)

YamahaPart $219 (free shipping)

Ron Ayers $163 (free shipping)

Mrcycles $186 (includes $21.95 shipping)

PartShark $168 (includes $13.89 shipping) -- Thanks to zdaman for finding this source

I paid $235 (with my 15% discount) at my local dealer. I could have saved $78 by buying from Procaliber. I had thought I had only paid $37 more at the local dealer until I found Procaliber. I like to support my local dealer but not when the difference is that great. Lesson learned. The salesman who sold me my R3 now owes me a couple lunches!!!

Buyer beware: If you're buying any OEM parts it still is a good idea to check prices on all 7 of these suppliers (and any others you can find online) since there is a lot of variation in pricing. For example, Procaliber was $39 more expensive for a complete frame than YamahaSportsPlaza was.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Just stumbled upon another one thanks to the R1 forum.

Partshark.com

·
Registered
8 Posts
Just a quick question. if im planning to get fairings from procaliber, do i just order the plastics from them or do i also need to order the decal from them?

I have a yamaha r3 vivid red and i decided to just get all the fairings for it since i got mine scratched.

i want to know if i need to order just the plastic parts and it will automatically come with the stickers/decals or do i need to individually order every fairing and the decals that comes with it

thank you!

·
Registered
761 Posts
Just a quick question. if im planning to get fairings from procaliber, do i just order the plastics from them or do i also need to order the decal from them?

I have a yamaha r3 vivid red and i decided to just get all the fairings for it since i got mine scratched.

i want to know if i need to order just the plastic parts and it will automatically come with the stickers/decals or do i need to individually order every fairing and the decals that comes with it

thank you!
When I ordered plastics for a CRF250L, I had to order the decals separately. I assume the same here.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
When I ordered plastics for a CRF250L, I had to order the decals separately. I assume the same here.
Fairings I bought came with ALL decals installed and ALL clips installed already on the back side.

Parts guy at local dealership sadi that's the norm for road bike plastics, but not so for dirt bikes.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just want to make sure because i dont want to heatgun the decals myself because they might be misaligned.

i have been contacting procaliber but the representative is pretty vague with his answers so it will be really helpful to hear from you guys who actually had experiencing ordering from procaliber.

·
Registered
320 Posts
YamahaSportsPlaza is in OR and when shipped only takes 2 days to CA. I did have to call and remind them then called again because part's were missing. Called customer service and they were sent out and here in another 2 days. I will probably order from them again.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Fairings I bought came with ALL decals installed and ALL clips installed already on the back side.

Parts guy at local dealership sadi that's the norm for road bike plastics, but not so for dirt bikes.
If you buy all the panels for the tank, would they include the seals/ gaskets there or do i need to attach them myself? I was looking at the diagram for the oem parts of yamaha and it looks like everything is shipped separately for the tank.

I also talked to my dealer this morning and it was clarified to me that if it says in the diagram that the whole assembly (right fairing plastic) is noted in the diagram as just one number, everything else is included (decals/stickers)

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
If you buy all the panels for the tank, would they include the seals/ gaskets there or do i need to attach them myself? I was looking at the diagram for the oem parts of yamaha and it looks like everything is shipped separately for the tank.

I also talked to my dealer this morning and it was clarified to me that if it says in the diagram that the whole assembly (right fairing plastic) is noted in the diagram as just one number, everything else is included (decals/stickers)
Tank panels come as left, right and center, ready to connect. Not as an assembly. Nothing else needed. Re-use 4 screws and one bolt already on the bike.

In the exploded diagrams a complete assembly does have a single number and it's outside of a dashed line that circles that entire assembly. Other numbers are for individual parts that make up that assembly.

Only dirt bike plastics come without the decals.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I ordered 2 tank panels also.
You will have to order the emblems and rubber grommets separately if you need both. The emblems are pretty pricey for such small chrome bits. or is there another sub number for it all?

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I ordered 2 tank panels also.
You will have to order the emblems and rubber grommets separately if you need both. The emblems are pretty pricey for such small chrome bits. or is there another sub number for it all?
Update:

I had to move 2 clips from stock tank center panel over to the new one, but that was all on that piece.

You'd have to move the hardware and rubber seals from the stock side panels over to the new ones as well, I believe, since there is no "assembly" outlined in the diagrams for these. Just individual parts.

$13 each IS a bit pricey for those emblems, but it shouldn't be necessary to buy them, just re-use the emblems (might need some new double stick tape squares or foam tape for that).

·
Registered
717 Posts
I found some really nice Yamaha tuning fork logos on eBay. Brushed aluminum with a clear epoxy resin over them. They look very trick and we're very cheap. Don't remember exactly what I gave for them. Bought them before I even had the bike. I want to say I paid 5 or $7, shipped.

·
Registered
320 Posts
The parts I received from yamahasportsplaza were good except the main painted fairing for left side of the bike. It came with a scratch after their late shipping and forgetting to ship it out! Now I just tried to call them and the closed hours recording is picking up during business hours. Don't you just hate receiving pre scratched parts........

Edit:
Looks like I am shipping it back to them on my dime but getting another one. I was just trying to call to early. They didn't open till 10am. Looks like it came from Indonesia scratched. Man the quality control is questionable if it came out from the factory this way.

·
Premium Member
2,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I found some really nice Yamaha tuning fork logos on eBay. Brushed aluminum with a clear epoxy resin over them. They look very trick and we're very cheap. Don't remember exactly what I gave for them. Bought them before I even had the bike. I want to say I paid 5 or $7, shipped.
Cool!

I just received this metal logo from Korea. Put it on my front fender in place of the YAMAHA lettering. It's about 1 3/4" tall with the lettering.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161813325830?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

de.jpg

·
Registered
8 Posts
Finally received my fairings from procaliber and all i can say is everything is pristine and sealed in a yamaha plastic bag. I still havent opened and checked everything yet but i am pretty much satisfied with my purchase. Every fairing came with their respective stickers. I will definitely be buying more from procaliber soon to get an extra set of all the fairings for my r3

·
Registered
132 Posts
replied for list of oem suppliers, thanks

1 - 19 of 19 Posts