Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
looks like he knew you were coming and he turned left early crossed the double yellows about 10 feet prior to the turn point, all to avoid the few seconds it would have taken to let you pass. It's ALWAYS the responsibility of vehicle turning left to yield, however, it's little consolation when your the one whose mangled.

Good thing your OK, but yeah, motherf***er!

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, I locked up my rear tire and skidded out under me a bit you can hear the skid a little

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
28 Posts
Had a guy do that to me the other day as well. Need a camera setup.

·
Registered
233 Posts
What's your point?
Their point was that regardless of who has the legal right of way, a safe motorcyclist should always have at least one escape route planned.

Good to see that you were able to avoid the other vehicle. It would have been a very nasty accident if you had hit them head on.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
233 Posts
I didn't ask you the question, or for your preaching.
Haha. I think you've interpreted my post totally wrong. Believe me, I've been in exactly the same situation myself and with pretty much the same results. I was trying to use this experience as a potential learning exercise for others. (It is a very rare situation on the road that there isn't at least something that the motorcyclist can't do to mitigate the circumstances.) To be fair to the original poster they didn't have a lot of time to react. In that situation, I probably would have swerved hard to the left - whether that would have been a better option is debatable because I would have then had to swerve hard to the right to avoid the oncoming traffic but that was my instinctive reaction when I saw this unfold in the clip.

The most important thing is that the original poster stayed shiny side up and was able to avoid an accident. The second most important thing is that they posted this on here so that both they and the rest of us can learn from this situation without having to experience it first hand. That's the intention of my post. If a single newbie watches this and learns something that could save their life then this topic has served its purpose.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The reason I did post this on here is for other riders to always be aware of their surroundings. I did see the potential of the car pulling out and started to slow a "bit" but did not think he was going to pull out in front of me. This section of the road was a intersection for exit ramps coming in and off the expressway. There was another vehicle getting ready to turn left as well behind the car that did pull out so swerving left was an option but not a good one, I also had cars in my "blind spot" to the right of me. My safest bet was to slow down and assume he was going to pull out so that gave me enough time not to smack right into that ************.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
If you wanted it to be strictly for the Lovenuts, private message him. Otherwise, welcome to what we call a message board.

---

Video isn't too bad..glad you got out of that. Impatient drivers, :rolleyes:

Thanks, getting the feeling of the rear wheel being locked up and skidding is scary but I'm glad I was able to feel that and but able to get out of the situation safe.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Yea, I've had a few oh **** moments on the R3 as well. I've come to find out, the rear locks up pretty easily, BUT- you learn to ride the skid and adjust pretty easily as well.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I'm telling you man, you need to make a motovlog youtube channel with nothing but vids of you watching your own helmet cam vids on your computer making comments. And then maybe down the road, you can make vids of yourself watching your own youtube vids from earlier (so its a vid of you watching videos of you watching videos of your own video). My mind is blown already!

I'll be your first subscriber!

Anyway, this isn't while on motorcycles but while I'm driving my SUV I'm the **** who intentionally speeds up or makes it a point never to slow down when some other ****head driver does this to me almost to the point of barely hitting them in the hopes that I can make HIM nervous of his own stupid driving maneuver. I'm very confident that I have made many, many ****heads nervous. I'm insured and I'm driving an SUV mother****ers, you are the one who is going to be in a world of hurt in your little Honda Civic and Priuses. So ask me if I brake! NO!

·
Registered
75 Posts
What's your point?
My point? Didn't seem like he slowed down much. Hence the question.
It was a very sudden and aggressive move by the driver; not much time to process. Ideally you should anticipate behavior like that, and braking before he even turned. The car did give off some clues.
That little panicked chirp of the rear tire was too little too late. OP just got caught off guard by a cunty driver... could happen to any of us.

There is NO right of way on a motorcycle. It becomes "right of weight." I yield to everyone.
Just don't wanna see a fellow rider end up as a stain on some dicks car ya dig?

·
Registered
424 Posts
If that was your rear tyre locking up then you should be practicing your emergency braking more, keep practicing until it becomes muscle memory- it could save your life

1 - 20 of 39 Posts