Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
Are you serious? The answer is/was in post #1 if you clicked the link.
Uh yeah. I looked at the Ohlins Nix-22 page and its specs. Does that tell you anything about synthetic benchmarks, anecdotal evidence, or real world performance of them? I am asking what are the pro's and con's. What is special about them? Are they better than Andreani's, Penske's, K-Tech', etc front forks. I can point you to an items page but does that tell you anything outside of the specs? Maybe I wasn't clear.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Uh yeah. I looked at the Ohlins Nix-22 page and its specs. Does that tell you anything about synthetic benchmarks, anecdotal evidence, or real world performance of them? I am asking what are the pro's and con's. What is special about them? Are they better than Andreani's, Penske's, K-Tech', etc front forks. I can point you to an items page but does that tell you anything outside of the specs? Maybe I wasn't clear.
You asked what it was. Its a cartridge kit. Says it right in that page. You were more than clear. Maybe you should have asked something more specific.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The Ohlins isn't yet available for purchase AFAIK. An Ohlins rep I talked to was somewhat skeptical of when it might see the light of day. This market segment got crowded real quick. And Ohlins USA likes to "price for premium" even though the brand doesn't have pricing power like it used to.

·
Registered
349 Posts

Just spoke with Ohlins President a few minutes ago. He said these kits are indeed in R&D right now.
Hopefully release sometime in the next 30-60 days
Should have firm ETA soon.

Pricing is supposed to be in the same realm as the Andreani.

Will know more as soon as they know more.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts

·
Registered
732 Posts
As all or most of you know, Andreani Group is the parent company/umbrella group for a multitude of brands: Ohlins/Showa/KYB and their own Andreani branded products. Anyway, I was searching the Andreani site for some stuff, and their fork cartridge kit didn't come up but the Nix-22 did. Italian to English translated page doesn't always work well.

Here is the page. ->Ohlins Nix-22 on Andreani site

616 Euros so about the same pricing here. HardRacing, have you gotten a sample of the Nix-22 yet? Wonder how the two stack up against each other. The Andreani kit vs the Ohlins Nix-22. Any news about the Penske kit for the R3? I am guessing the Penske will be a lot more than both. Hopefully, you;ll be able to provide some insight before we all decide on one. :-(

Matt from ForksByMatt is probably raring to rip a set apart, the mad scientist that he is. Frankly, I think he has ingested too much fork oil.:)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
wait what? http://www.andreanigroup.com/prodotti/moto/brands/?lng=en would seem to imply what you're saying but if you read http://www.andreanigroup.com/company/?lng=en what shakes out is that several of those brands it's a distribution agreement. Not umbrella ownership.

Fork oil is like lotion. "It rubs it on it's skin. It dyes it's skin red like cherry. maraschino"

The first set I can get, yes I'm taking it apart. The scuttle butt is that the Andreani is better but the source isn't neutral. The no-mod aspect of the Ohlins will probably trump any technical deficiency in the mind of most buyers. Matris hasn't made a big push into the US market (at least for this class bike) yet but they might find someone willing to move sufficient volume. Right now the huge price difference between Italian web stores and US one means the sales are going straight to Italy.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
As all or most of you know, Andreani Group is the parent company/umbrella group for a multitude of brands: Ohlins/Showa/KYB and their own Andreani branded products. Anyway, I was searching the Andreani site for some stuff, and their fork cartridge kit didn't come up but the Nix-22 did. Italian to English translated page doesn't always work well.

Here is the page. ->Ohlins Nix-22 on Andreani site

616 Euros so about the same pricing here. HardRacing, have you gotten a sample of the Nix-22 yet? Wonder how the two stack up against each other. The Andreani kit vs the Ohlins Nix-22. Any news about the Penske kit for the R3? I am guessing the Penske will be a lot more than both. Hopefully, you;ll be able to provide some insight before we all decide on one. :-(

Matt from ForksByMatt is probably raring to rip a set apart, the mad scientist that he is. Frankly, I think he has ingested too much fork oil.:)
You could have jsut went to the ohlins english site, avoided having to translate, and gotten more information than the other site:

http://www.ohlins.com/product/nix-22/

http://www.ohlins.com/2015/12/ohlin...-cartridge-kit-for-small-supersport-machines/

·
Registered
732 Posts
You could have jsut went to the ohlins english site, avoided having to translate, and gotten more information than the other site:

http://www.ohlins.com/product/nix-22/

http://www.ohlins.com/2015/12/ohlin...-cartridge-kit-for-small-supersport-machines/
Lol, for sure. I was just perusing the Andreani Group site and checking it out. Didn't know they were a conglomerate with so many sub-brands. After just casually searching the site, I just dug down to the forks and wanted to see if there was any technical stuff.

After talking with you, hearing about The Suspension Bible, reading Paul Thede's Suspension Guide articles on Sport Rider, and talking with Matt from ForksByMatt, it piqued my interest in suspension. We often get caught up in speed and aesthetics, and often overlook brakes and suspension as you, as do I, so often preach (in a good way).

1 - 20 of 96 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.