Yamaha R3 Forums banner

Oil drain plug size?

6K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  enshiu 
#1 · (Edited)
Please help! Changed my oil today (on my 2015 R3) and did some other repairs/modifications. After a day of working on the bike I took it out for a spin. Stopped at a friends place briefly and noticed a puddle of oil. My oil drain plug wasn’t tightened before the short trip, and it fell off during the ride. I stopped at AutoZone and got one of those silicon magnetic plug things. It was WAY too big. So I cut it and jammed it in there as best I could and filled it with oil to take it home.
I got it home, and now I’d like to buy an actual fix to the problem. I don’t feel like waiting 2-4 weeks for an OEM part… so I’m just trying to find out what the specifications are for the drain plug and where I should look first for it? Cycle gear/ auto zone/ Walmart? 😂

Thanks riders,
Jackson.

#4 ·
M12x1.5 size 12mm or 14mm hex doesn't matter.

I use the Toyota drain plug washer as they are cheaper.

View attachment 70370
Absolute life saver! Thank you! Went to the local auto parts store and bough M12x1.25 and M12x1.75. Just to be safe. Completely overlooked the M12x1.50. So I had to go back. But I got it! God willing it works. I’m done with oil changes and fixing **** for the rest of the month 😂

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.