Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I had my 2016 R3 serviced for radiator hose, also a spring that goes in crank case I believe. After I picked it up at the dealer everything was fine , until half hour on the freeway I was leaking oil from gasket and slinging it in my rear tire. Called the dealer they pick it up and according to them fixed it. My R3 never leaked until they worked on it. Now I see little bit of oil coming out, also see part of the gasket sticking out. It’s like a tab I don’t know if that’s normal.
1 picture when I noticed it leaking
2 picture is after getting it back from dealer I seen I guess part of the gasket sticking out, like a tab. I don’t know if that’s normal. Leak very little.Never leaked before!

·
Registered
77 Posts
Did you get an oil change done? Or was it just the services performed? The oil pan doesn't have to be removed for the clutch spring recall I believe...
Check to see if filter and drain plug are on snug

·
Registered
208 Posts
I zoomed in on the circled area. It almost looks like there is a small crack running parallel to the bolt? Maybe it's just the was it was cast, but looks like a crack to me. Maybe wipe it off really good, and ride it at low speed (so the wind won't blow the oil around), and recheck it. Good luck-

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well they removed The casing from right side of the bike. It’s clutch case?

First the gasket was leaking a lot first picture send one they redid it but I don’t know if it leaking or just gasket that looks like that

1 - 4 of 4 Posts