Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So whenever the bike is in neutral my oil light comes on. otherwise seems fine. any suggestions? sorry if this has come up before
i attempted the search tool but got alot of general answers. appreciate any help

·
Premium Member
1,562 Posts
Is it only when you first start the bike or is it anytime, while riding, you put the bike in Neutral and the oil light comes back on?
Has the Oil Pump Recall been performed?
Have you recently changed the oil and of so, what weight did you use?
Have you checked the oil level.. is it okay (in the middle of the sight glass when the bike is upright)?

It's not normal and I haven't seen it here on the R3 forums but some people have found similar symptoms on other bikes (I googled it)

For the R3, the manual states that the oil light represents oil pressure. The light should come on when the key is turned to "ON" and should go out once the bike is started. If the light does not go out, first check the oil level and top off is needed.

·
Super Moderator
1,329 Posts
If you have the correct amount of oil in the bike when the bike is off, upright (not on kickstand), and on level ground, then you may need a new oil pressure sensor switch. There's been a couple replaced around here. Basic symptom is oil light at idle rpms.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for your help guys, i checked the oil and its full and the light does not come on when running, i have however only really been riding it on hills recently. im going to test it on level ground and see what results of it and if not ill see about getting that sensor switch recall.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts