Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

today, while riding my R3, after 40 min of ride the OIL light of the R3 started to blink. Blinking is still on even after I restarted the engine. I checked the oil level and is well within the low-max level.

My R3 has +/- 6650 km and last oil change was performed by myself at 5000 km (OIL change not required - no OIL light at that time. I used the Yama dealer oil and a Purolator Pure One PL14610 filter). Oil change at 1000 km was performed by Yama dealer. From the manual I see that the oil change needs to be done whenever the OIL indicator starts to blink (§ 6-7) or at each 5000 km (§3.9). The OIL indicator does not seem to indicate anything else (correct?).

I'm running my R3 with a R6 throttle, Rapid Bike Evo Exclusive kit (ECU modulator) and an Arrow Pro-Race slip-on. The bike was impacted by the recall on the pressure oil pump and its preventive maintenance/repair performed by a Yama dealer. It is a second hand motorcycle (bought at 1760 km, had 2 months of use and was in stock condition).

My question:
Does the OIL light blink because I need to change the OIL or I'm missing something? The only point is that it seems strange to me that it started to blink at such "bizarre" mileage. Maybe the resetting was not performed correctly or it was done at 1650 km.... instead of 1000 km (second-hand bike, but Yama dealer ticket shows 1300 km on the first maintenance...). So it is blinking because: 6650 km - 1650 km = 5000 km => OIL change resetting? or because of OIL pump issues?

Let me know your thoughts.

Miles Away....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Problem solved.

Our Yama RA has a OIL change trip; mine shows 5026 km.

=> Time for an OIL change (this time I will reset the indicator).

Cheers !

·
Registered
199 Posts
Are you talking about the actual Oil LIGHT or the Oil Change Indicator?

If it's just the flashing 'Oil' in black font, then it's indicating for you to change it. If it's the yellow Oil light that pops up, you should probably shut the engine off ASAP.

Depending on when you reset the indicator, it'll pop up at different intervals.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Hi everyone,

today, while riding my R3, after 40 min of ride the OIL light of the R3 started to blink. Blinking is still on even after I restarted the engine. I checked the oil level and is well within the low-max level.

My R3 has +/- 6650 km and last oil change was performed by myself at 5000 km (OIL change not required - no OIL light at that time. I used the Yama dealer oil and a Purolator Pure One PL14610 filter). Oil change at 1000 km was performed by Yama dealer. From the manual I see that the oil change needs to be done whenever the OIL indicator starts to blink (§ 6-7) or at each 5000 km (§3.9). The OIL indicator does not seem to indicate anything else (correct?).

I'm running my R3 with a R6 throttle, Rapid Bike Evo Exclusive kit (ECU modulator) and an Arrow Pro-Race slip-on. The bike was impacted by the recall on the pressure oil pump and its preventive maintenance/repair performed by a Yama dealer. It is a second hand motorcycle (bought at 1760 km, had 2 months of use and was in stock condition).

My question:
Does the OIL light blink because I need to change the OIL or I'm missing something? The only point is that it seems strange to me that it started to blink at such "bizarre" mileage. Maybe the resetting was not performed correctly or it was done at 1650 km.... instead of 1000 km (second-hand bike, but Yama dealer ticket shows 1300 km on the first maintenance...). So it is blinking because: 6650 km - 1650 km = 5000 km => OIL change resetting? or because of OIL pump issues?

Let me know your thoughts.

Miles Away....

Hi,

This isn't related to your problem. But with the Evo kit, have you notcied a difference in performance?

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts