Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my Yamaha R3 last week and the oil was changed and it was maintenanced before I picked it up , I noticed yesterday that my “OIL” symbol is blinking under my gear indicator, it’s not the actually red light it’s self, what do you think is wrong if I just got the bike and the oil light is already blinking ??

·
Super Moderator
1,007 Posts
I just bought my Yamaha R3 last week and the oil was changed and it was maintenanced before I picked it up , I noticed yesterday that my “OIL” symbol is blinking under my gear indicator, it’s not the actually red light it’s self, what do you think is wrong if I just got the bike and the oil light is already blinking ??
Did you get the owner's manual with the bike? And how many miles are on the bike now? The "oil light flashing", should be the reminder it's at a mileage to service the bike with an oil change. Could be, the tech who changed the oil failed to reset the "oil change indicator". No problem to reset. Do you have an owner's manual? If you do, look on page 4-8 or there about. If not, I can walk you through the reset process. Look at the video linked below.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...7A02AD0771240EB6B4347A02AD077124&&FORM=VRDGAR

1 - 2 of 2 Posts