Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my oil pressure light flashes on an off when riding.
Does anyone else have this issue?
Doesn’t happen when I’m at a steady rpm, but any time I crank the throttle or let off the throttle the light flashes and intermittently flashes.
It never stays on, just flashes.
Happened ever since I bought it and keeps happening.
I just want to avoid taking it to the dealer and being out of a bike for a while

please if anyone else has this issue let me know and if there is a fix for it.
I

·
Super Moderator
1,212 Posts
Make sure the engine oil level is full and where it needs to be in the sight glass.. With the bike level and vertical it can be tricky while you're looking down so low on the engine. Get a helper if need be.. it's important.
If it's full of oil, I'd recommend having a technician look at it. I'd rather be without my bike for a while than damage the engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Make sure the engine oil level is full and where it needs to be in the sight glass.. With the bike level and vertical it can be tricky while you're looking down so low on the engine. Get a helper if need be.. it's important.
If it's full of oil, I'd recommend having a technician look at it. I'd rather be without my bike for a while than damage the engine.
I’ve done all those things and the bad parts
So after inspection of the oil pressure sensor, I discovered that these idiots at Yamaha or wherever they assemble this bike have routed the wire to the sensor so close to the front sprocket that the chain was rubbing the wire the whole time. See picture.
I had to cut it and solder it back together. Thanks Yamaha.
I’ve owned R6, r1 and fz09 and never had this issue. Possibly because this bike is made in Indonesia. Who ever assembled this bike is an idiot period.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts