Yamaha R3 Forums banner

Which colour do you prefer?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
Bare in mind - The red version might not appear as the Dealer sites are ONLY showing Black and Blue/White at present.

IF/WHEN I am in that showroom looking at finally purchasing that R3 then this willl be a very tough decision indeed!

If all three are lined up together then it will help. Pictures may not give us the full, er, picture.

I like the black, in this case, as the decals are more subtle.
I also think the black version will date better.

I think it will actually come down to how many of a specific colour you see on the road.
i.e. If I see a load of black ones then I will change my mind as it may make mine less 'special' :)

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I am pretty sure that blue/white will be the vastly dominent color chosen.

Its like not getting a sports Kawasaki in green.. just doesn't look right, or a Ferrari not in red :)

I don't think the colour will make enough difference to safety - from the back and front it is basicly the same and at night one would be wearing other reflective gear anyway. Certailny not enough difference to base my decison upon.

I would absolutely be delighted to ride the bike in any of the 3 colors.

If the dealer offered me the Red NOW and told me that the Blue is one month away and the black is two months away then I would take the Red. I won't regrest the decision as they all look fabulous.

· Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Actually, from what I have read it is NOT Blue and White but in fact Blue and SILVER!
On closer inspection I think it is indeed silver.. That makes a difference to me.

Still.. already 85% of the poll are saying blue.. For that reason alone I have to get a black one! :)

Though i do also think:

Green = Kawasaki
Red = Honda
Blue = Yamaha

Mind you, Suzuki is usually blue isnt it?
Agh, just get the black and add in some custom highlights :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.