Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone! I have ridden for about 4 years. I started on a 2017 Buddy Eclipse 125 to learn and get my endorsement with, then bought a 2020 Kawasaki Z125, which is by far my main ride since I brought it home. I also own a 1986 Honda Helix scooter that was just too good to pass on; 1700 original miles, perfect shape, and the price was perfect.

I lurked this forum for a month or so after I became interested in the R3. It’s a beautiful bike for its class and I think it would be a great logical step up from the Z (which I plan on also keeping... it’s just too fun). Always wanted a ”Sport Bike” and being a little on the smaller stature end of things makes me think The R3 would be close enough to perfect for me.

By joining this forum I hope to gain information about the R3 and solidify the purchase that j will inevitably be making in the coming days.

Would love to chat with R3 owners to hear first-hand experiences with these bikes. I’m still a novice in my mind, so I assume that the R3 would be a logical step up from the Z125. So... let’s chat!

Thanks for having me!

·
Super Moderator
931 Posts
Welcome to the Forum. The R3 is a nice bike for novice or seasoned rider There's lots to see on here already if you care to look through previous discussions. Click under "Forums", most things are sorted under sub-titles. Enjoy and Ride Safe.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I've been ridding for over 40 years (I bought a 2019 R3 last fall). I've run the full circuit..... I've owned everything from a CFR450R, Goldwing, Grom, liter-bikes, and nearly every in between... I had the luxury of having parents that supported me riding throughout my whole childhood (as long as I can remember)... Not everyone was raised this way. You seem like you're doing it the right way. Learning a new skill is MUCH harder as an adult. The R3 is SUCH a good platform!!! Very easy to ride, yet still keeps the interest of veteran riders as well. Such a perfect blend of ease of riding, and performance- and just plain fun!!! I have a dedicated FZ-07 for the track. My R3 is only for the street. Welcome to the forum!!! Most people here are very friendly :cool:-

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the Forum. The R3 is a nice bike for novice or seasoned rider There's lots to see on here already if you care to look through previous discussions. Click under "Forums", most things are sorted under sub-titles. Enjoy and Ride Safe.
Thank you! Diving into research tonight.

I've been ridding for over 40 years (I bought a 2019 R3 last fall). I've run the full circuit..... I've owned everything from a CFR450R, Goldwing, Grom, liter-bikes, and nearly every in between... I had the luxury of having parents that supported me riding throughout my whole childhood (as long as I can remember)... Not everyone was raised this way. You seem like you're doing it the right way. Learning a new skill is MUCH harder as an adult. The R3 is SUCH a good platform!!! Very easy to ride, yet still keeps the interest of veteran riders as well. Such a perfect blend of ease of riding, and performance- and just plain fun!!! I have a dedicated FZ-07 for the track. My R3 is only for the street. Welcome to the forum!!! Most people here are very friendly :cool:-
This is what I was hoping to hear. I still consider myself a novice rider, so I’m not looking for a 1000+cc bike that would just end up getting me in trouble. TBH I’ve never been into the idea of going crazy fast and my first few two-wheelers kept me on the safe, slower side of things. I was hoping that a 300 could work perfectly for mostly city streets with the occasional 60-70mph zone if I needed to hop on the highway for a few miles (even if it’s in the slow lane!) 😂

Thanks again for the replies!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts