Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Howdy.
Been trying to decide between an 0/13 Ninja 300 and an 0/15 R-3. Both 'choice' with under 1,000 mi each. Finally went & sprung for the R-3 at a $400 premium. That was yesterday. Today a Yamaha dealer ordered the two recall kits. Clutch part and some sort of switch part. Should be in in a couple weeks and says he can install in 4/5 hours. Did not say anything about a fuel tank bracket. Hmmm.
New to sport bikes. Other ride is a TW200. But off road ops are diminishing around here. My grand daughter has pretty much 'owned' the TW200 for the last three years anyway.

Big difference riding the R-3 and the 200. Not used to crossing an intersection without shifting into and sometimes through second gear. This R-3 is super smooth. At least by comparison. So far could not be more pleased.
Ciao.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congrats on the new bike! We hope that you will enjoy it as much as we do, I never get tired of it.
What colour did you end up going with?

·
Registered
68 Posts
Welcome from GA. Glad to see a few more older gents on the R3. I just turned 60 and the R6 that I have is a fun bike but I let myself get into trouble this past Dec running off the track and breaking my collar bone. Never had a broken bone until then, after all the dirt bikes I had growing up and climbing trees and all that fun outside stuff. I test rode the R3 back last Aug at the track and I knew then I needed one. Have fun with the new ride!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts