Yamaha R3 Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just an intro as I don't get my 03 till March. It's a downsizing due to my TMax DX being now getting a tittle heavy and insurance for a "senior" person becoming high. This change is similar to the reason why I bought the TMax new in 2018 switching, as I did, from a BMW 1200 GS. The TMax is now for sale, should any one be interested.
I'm sure I'll like the 03 but would be grateful for any suggestions for useful additions. In particular how useful is a screen and what is available? I'm not expecting the same as TMax comfort. Many thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I downsized from a CB1100 retro. I wanted a much lighter bike and most of my rides are only several hours. So far I really like it. I have the small GIVI shield and Shad hard bags on it. Can't tell much about the shield yet, but the bags are great.
Rider1070

·
Registered
415 Posts
I'm not really sure what a "TMax" is? I'm from the USA, and we usually don't get the "cool bikes" that the rest of the globe seems to enjoy.... I do know, you will LOVE the "03 platform"... My wife and I own three Yamaha R3's, as well as an FZ-07. I'm also a "senior" rider @ 52 years old. I've run the full circuit, and owned everything from a supermoto, to a Goldwing 1800... The YZF-R3/MT-03 package is one of the best platforms I've ever experienced!!!! Yamaha got this bike/platform "right" the first time :cool:. As much as I truly HATE to say it- "it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow"........

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not really sure what a "TMax" is? I'm from the USA, and we usually don't get the "cool bikes" that the rest of the globe seems to enjoy.... I do know, you will LOVE the "03 platform"... My wife and I own three Yamaha R3's, as well as an FZ-07. I'm also a "senior" rider @ 52 years old. I've run the full circuit, and owned everything from a supermoto, to a Goldwing 1800... The YZF-R3/MT-03 package is one of the best platforms I've ever experienced!!!! Yamaha got this bike/platform "right" the first time :cool:. As much as I truly HATE to say it- "it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast, than a fast bike slow"........
I downsized from a CB1100 retro. I wanted a much lighter bike and most of my rides are only several hours. So far I really like it. I have the small GIVI shield and Shad hard bags on it. Can't tell much about the shield yet, but the bags are great.
Rider1070
Many thanks R 1070. I was thinking of the Givi screen so will wait until I actually have the bike. At the moment in the UK we have anti bike weather AK snow!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Many thanks Cornerslider, I am learning from many sources how many riders are downsizing. It makes sense.
Also I agree with your last comment. I've heard it described as one "rides" a lower powered bike is not "ridden" by a higher powered one.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Automotive tire Vehicle

·
Registered
128 Posts
Pointless scooter I have driven it maybe good for city.

Plus the price is like a MT07/09 new.

Plus we dont wave back to motorscooters as they dont follow the rules of normal bike riders.

·
Registered
128 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts