Yamaha R3 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey have had my heart set on the 2016 blue r3. I like the clean and simple lines of the front fairing over the 15 model. But would like some more blue.. and now theres a moviestar option . Im not a huge fan of sponsorhsips but am liking the extra blue on the movie star...
So let me know your thoughts and opinions lol im confused now.. thanks !

Attachments

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hey have had my heart set on the 2016 blue r3. I like the clean and simple lines of the front fairing over the 15 model. But would like some more blue.. and now theres a moviestar option . Im not a huge fan of sponsorhsips but am liking the extra blue on the movie star...
So let me know your thoughts and opinions lol im confused now.. thanks !
I love my 2016 in blue. I actually prefer it over the 2015. The Movistar looks good too, but I still think the standard blue looks best. The decals are more subtle, but still very clean lines. With the Movistar, it might be too much blue if that makes sense.

Ultimately, get what you really want. You'll be able to customize it just the way you want it. For instance, I put an iridium wind screen on mine, and some silver rim tape to break up the blue on the wheels a little bit. T-rex frame sliders look great on it too.

·
Registered
120 Posts
If it were possible I'd purchase the blue panels from the gp edition and throw the 16 decals on them. I've tried sourcing the gp panels from many companies already and the only way to get it is if they have a vin number from a gp edition r3. One company that could get it for me was going to charge 400+ for shipping because of the box they would have to ship it in. If you can find a source is like to know! I wish the r3 could have just been all blue instead of the silver panel...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Id be happy to find sheets or rolls of the blue to get my own decals cut. Have found the paint just not the decal colour. I feel its a bit plain with just the r3 and strips at the top. But as the other guy mentioned the movie star goes the other extreme but i do like the black on the movie star.

·
Registered
120 Posts
I actually like the 2015 red red decals the most. If that was in blue it would be perfect. The paint color is deep purplish blue metallic and it's a common paint color for most Yamaha bikes but I'm pretty picky with paint and it's hard to get paint here in Hawaii as well. Not sure if I can get a perfect match with ppg. I actually bought a whole set of black panels until I can source the blue pieces just because I'm not a big fan of the silver on the bike.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Im still leaning towards the blue but would like to eventually cover a large section of the silver.. got to get the bike first lol going to be the longest two weeks till i can pick it up from the dealer :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts